Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weslaco East

8 88.89%
  • Weslaco High

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default TINACO BOWL. EAST @ WESLACO HIGH sep29

I guess I'll start this one off, it's quiet up in here. East vs Weslaco High is here again and both teams never wanna lose this one. That and district started already.
    East returns more on both sides of the ball. High returns less and enter with new coach, new system. East continues to pound the ball and have ACTUALLY passed a lot this year. Highs qb Cavazos looks like their best playmaker on O. Both cavazos look good though and forgot #13s name who's good also. They switch qbs and imo makes High more predictable. Their mlb on D looks like their best defender but aren't small overall. Richard Lefevre, JC Vargas, Roy Pedraza, Freddy Gonzalez, Banuelos and Saenz will lead the East offense.
    On D East is led by Freddy Cardenas, Gerald Garza and JC who also plays D. Overall they return 8.
    Having said all that NONE of it usually matters in this rivalry game. Many had High favored last year and East won so who knows.
    IMO East has the advantage in all phases of this game. Since its East vs High it may not matter. Both teams have horse legs for fg kicks. What y'all think? Where my panther peeps at?

East should and probably will win in a landslide.

But next year, with all of that young talent, WES will win by a hundred.

Should be an exciting game as always...........Weslaco East has more weapons for sure and has an idea of highs O since they beat Vela under Salinas last year......But that was last year....

Heisman Winner

East 14+

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District championships
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Premium

East by 3 tds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    East should and probably will win in a landslide.

But next year, with all of that young talent, WES will win by a hundred.
    They will win state next year

Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    They will win state next year

Damn straight and a mythical national championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post
    East 14+
    Dang 20-4 vs South all time? Just paid attention to that.......not really a rivalry it seems......

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Troucha King 31 1/2 View Post
    Dang 20-4 vs South all time? Just paid attention to that.......not really a rivalry it seems......
    Yup

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District championships
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Don't you all know if your not a Panther fan your not suppose to be here ? Anyways I pick East to win.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Don't you all know if your not a Panther fan your not suppose to be here ? Anyways I pick East to win.
    greenweeds, if you spent less time going around from thread to thread making mickey mouse posts and more time on your job, maybe you could write a great sports story like the one on the opinion page last friday. Must be embarrassing that 2 old timers are better sports writers than you, about Cardinal and valley basketball, However they must be really old cause they forgot Roma. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    greenweeds, if you spent less time going around from thread to thread making mickey mouse posts and more time on your job, maybe you could write a great sports story like the one on the opinion page last friday. Must be embarrassing that 2 old timers are better sports writers than you, about Cardinal and valley basketball, However they must be really old cause they forgot Roma. LOL
    Goon, if you spent less time making the same lame post over and over, you might contribute something for once.

Lol

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Goon, if you spent less time making the same lame post over and over, you might contribute something for once.
    Says the one who jumps around from thread to thread just making negatives comments, want more LADY GAGA, I mean El Consultant Atomico, I mean Nancy. LOL

Hall of Famer

EAST by 20+
    [/SIGPIC]

Don't forget not all weslaconians are that way. At least not on this side ! I haven't really seen any East posters talk like that

Quote Originally Posted by 1tone1 View Post
    EAST by 20+
    That would be like Tinaco bowl 1 if East won by that much. Both teams will show up I'm sure. High had less than 70 yards total offense in that game. Doubt that will go down again.

I correct myself. You did say panther fans

No panther peeps yet in here. Why ? Weird

Hall of Famer

Seems there's a consensus among everyone in here so far, that Panther's have no chance. I think it's going to be another good game by the Panther's. If the ball bounces our way here and there and our defense bends but not breaks, we stand a chance to make it competitive.

Go ahead, shoot this comment down peeps.

Thread Information