Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    MVP

Default Will Tom Landry stadium be ready for season opener against the Cards?

I was at my wife's family reunion in mission this past weekend which coincidentally was right by Tom Landry stadium and it seems as if their stadium renovation is way behind schedule. The parking lot is not done, the stadiums aren't up and it looks in really bad shape. My concern is legitimately whether or not the stadium will be ready for the season opener with the Mission Vets against the Harlingen Cardinals. I hope I'm being cynical here but by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it . Can someone from Mission shed some light on this? Are they in fact behind schedule? If so, is there another field they can use, Mission Veterans field perhaps? Does Mission Vets even have their own stadium?
    Last edited by H-Hammer; 07-10-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by H-Hammer View Post
    I was at my wife's family reunion in mission this past weekend which coincidentally was right by Tom Landry stadium and it seems as if their stadium renovation is way behind schedule. The parking lot is not done, the stadiums aren't up and it looks in really bad shape. My concern is legitimately whether or not the stadium will be ready for the season opener with the Mission Vets against the Harlingen Cardinals. I hope I'm being cynical here but by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it . Can someone from Mission shed some light on this? Are they in fact behind schedule? If so, is there another field they can use, Mission Veterans field perhaps? Does Mission Vets even have their own stadium?
    They are a few weeks behind but still hope to get back on schedule with good weather. The school is also going thru renovation so I believe that is the priority. Vets stadium is way to small, either Shary or McAllen wld be the best fit if stadium gets delayed.

Hall of Famer

well they have a bout 7 weeks until the game so hopefully they can work a few weekends to try and get it finished.

Envy the past, Fear the future!!!

MVP

Man I hope so, I was hoping to check this game out in the new stadium, from the CG images, it's going to be a doozy of a stadium. Just hope it gets finished on time.

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    They are a few weeks behind but still hope to get back on schedule with good weather. The school is also going thru renovation so I believe that is the priority. Vets stadium is way to small, either Shary or McAllen wld be the best fit if stadium gets delayed.
    That could be a solution to the problem if it occurs. I do agree that Vets stadium definitely cannot host a varsity game. Not a bash to the school, just the fact that they don't have enough seats for football fans, band, cheer, and dance team.

Junior Varsity

They could play at Boggus? South is at McAllen High that night!?

Memorial is at pioneer that night as well so a neutral site game would have to be played on Thursday or Saturday.

Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post
    They could play at Boggus? South is at McAllen High that night!?
    Best idea, right there. Lol. Jk.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Thread Information