Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I was told he isn't worried at all about Weslaco....
    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Uh, hello, this isn't a Harlingen or Sharyland thread, so get out!

Sincerely,
    The Forum's Biggest Purple Baby

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I was told he isn't worried at all about Weslaco....
    I wouldn't doubt it he's a dik he would say something stupid like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post

He kinda sounds like you saying even year east won't be a problem for high.....well except for the successful part

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post

Lol who cares
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 05-20-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Immortal

Just saw some of the highlights on the Kwes page on FB..

Hall of Famer

hadnt had time to come in here,,, but after watching Friday's practice and yesterday's spring game I left thoroughly impressed,,, I mean this is a group of guys who have only known of the slot t system for wut 12 years,,, and in 3 wks of spring ball learning a new system they put on a good showing,,, coach salinas and his staff have done a great job ,,, i think maybe once or twice did the offense get flagged for something yesterday,,, so salinas trying to put together a disciplined football team and he's on a good path,,,, according to my nephew though their just about maybe halfway through the playbook maybe a little more so still lots to be learned.., and I'm sure coach salinas will pick up where he left off once the fall comes around,,,

I saw a group of guys having fun,,, cheering when there would be a positive play,,, it was just a diff atmosphere and they were fun to watch,,, they moved down the field with a balanced attack,,, something we Weslaco fans have been wanting to see for a LONG time,,, I don't think anyone knows who will be the starting Qb in the fall,, they rotated 3 guys leal,, Banda and the freshman cavazos who I will say right now is going to flourish for the next 3 years under coach salinas and his system,, that kid can play and he's got a good arm,, he will be that double threat Qb salinas looks for,,, just don't know if he will give him a shot to start this coming season,, in my opinion he should really consider it,,, if it's up to Leal and Banda,,, I would say Banda is the better double threat Qb,, also expect Michael Martin to have a big year at rb,,, he was all over the field,, kid is quick and just finds a way to get in the end zone,,, has proved to do that the last couple years,,, including a breakout season last yr,,

defensively I saw a lot of good things,,, Friday's practice the defense didn't allow a score during their little scrimmage after practice,,, just looks like yesterday wasn't their day,, they gave up some big runs to martin,, and a couple big pass plays,,, but they did force two turnovers and quite a bit of 4 n outs,,, I think they will be fine ,,, overall I feel the Panthers under coach salinas are gonna do some really good things,,, it's a tough district and a balanced offense is a must which I feel will give them a better shot at a playoff spot this coming season,,, they're gonna be fun to watch this year,,,

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Just saw some of the highlights on the Kwes page on FB..
    My nephew sent me the link but for some reason I can't seem to post it on here from my phone,,,

Moderator in Training

Just a little recap from what I saw for the Panther Fans who couldn't make it..

For having to learn a new system, I thought the team has got a really good grasp on it and has picked it up really quick, saw a very promising spring game offensively, salinas has done a great job of preparing and executing what he wanted to do in the spring and it shows.

Some key things I took away from the spring game:

Martin looks really good, 3 year starter and you can see it, he will be the work horse out of the backfield, had 2 60+ yds td runs on the first team D and another td on a screen pass.

Out of the 3 qbs I was most impressed with the upcoming sophomore Jacob C. Led his offense to two tds on the 2nd team D, but you can see his athletic ability, when the pocket collapsed he found a way to make a play, and probably is even more accurate on the run.

Marco and Banda there is positives and negatives to take away from the scrimmage, but overall feel either one can lead us down the field, I feel Banda has the better arm though.

Oline looked pretty good as well

Defensively Roy Trevino had himself a good spring game, 2 ints, he's going to try and fill the void of Diego rodriguez next season

Defense though overall gave up some big plays, still see alot of room for improvement on that side of the ball, it's going to be a young unit so they'll have to keep putting In the work and be ready for the fall.
    Pretty much summons my thoughts.

I think this offense fits Banda like a glove. People forget he can run just as good as he can lead the team. However Leal has been solid as well. Cavazos is the nephew of the Weslaco legend, Sone Cavazos. I been fallowing him from his season with the Weslaco Thunder and he is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands. He is a threat any time to take it to the house any time. I expect huge things from him.

Overall, its been a good start for the Salinas era at Weslaco High.
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by gwes02 View Post
    My nephew sent me the link but for some reason I can't seem to post it on here from my phone,,,

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...95453617204345
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 05-22-2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: link

Immortal

A good article by rgvsports on the the panthers, good to see no huddle coming back

http://rgvsports.com/news/69982/sali...-weslaco-high/

Hall of Famer

Looks like the freshman knobb is leaving a good impression on coach Salinas.

Freshmen schooling the...

Hall of Famer

Exciting times to start a new season and a new era with a new coach with different philosophies, it very well may be just what the doctor ordered.

Kids looked excited out there and should bring more kids out there to play football and increase potential.

Looking forward to the progression they'll make in the fall and see how this team will look like come September.

Immortal

Rgvsports was way off on his name, it's "Knaub" and yeah he's a talented kid, like I mentioned last wk or the week before after catching a practice was watch out for Peyton knaub, he stood out that day, once cavazos gets the start at qb, he and knaub are going to do some big things in the passing game. They got 3 more years to go, they hit the camps during the summer so they'll be busy as well as alot of these other guys. But for now with spring ball over, looking forward to 7v7..

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Rgvsports was way off on his name, it's "Knaub" and yeah he's a talented kid, like I mentioned last wk or the week before after catching a practice was watch out for Peyton knaub, he stood out that day, once cavazos gets the start at qb, he and knaub are going to do some big things in the passing game. They got 3 more years to go, they hit the camps during the summer so they'll be busy as well as alot of these other guys. But for now with spring ball over, looking forward to 7v7..
    Knaub did very well at FBU camp. Have my eyes on him.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Knaub did very well at FBU camp. Have my eyes on him.
    Thank you for the info Leroy hope he keeps it up at the camps!

Immortal

First 10/15 mins bout the panthers

Last edited by Truth; 05-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    First 10/15 mins bout the panthers

Good for Weslaco. Best wishes to them.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Immortal

Shorter version of the videos up top

https://youtu.be/8JwGrkIQQXM

Immortal

Looks like we're getting some new turf at the stadium, after 10 years and the shape it was in, it was about time.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 06-02-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Thread Information