Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Tough district indeed, weslaco and los fresnos are the front runners once again but that win by Harlingen has the attention of the rest of the district as well. I wasn't at the game but heard it was a great one, a late 3 pt shot by Harlingen was the diff maker. We'll see how the 2nd meeting between the two goes, but yes alot of good games up ahead in this district for sure.. Panthers took care of Rivera today 84-46 so weslaco is at 1-1

Harlingen high beat weslaco east today 80-62 in a game that was over the first quarter. End of the first was 32-9, Harlingen played their bench players and was missing a starter due to injury. I don’t see anyone going undefeated in this tough district. Harlingen high plays los Fresnos Friday so that should be a good matchup.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Harlingen high beat weslaco east today 80-62 in a game that was over the first quarter. End of the first was 32-9, Harlingen played their bench players and was missing a starter due to injury. I don’t see anyone going undefeated in this tough district. Harlingen high plays los Fresnos Friday so that should be a good matchup.
    That should be the game to watch this friday for sure Los fresnos has some really good shooters, Weslaco plays Harlingen south that should be interesting as well, hawks have been playing well.

Harlingen high came out flat against los fresnos! Once Los Fresnos was hitting shots the game snowballed from there. Los fresnos has the best 3 guards in the dist.

Immortal

Harlingen high came out flat against los fresnos! Once Los Fresnos was hitting shots the game snowballed from there. Los fresnos has the best 3 guards in the dist.
    Told you LF can shoot the hell out of the ball, if you aint scoring your going to fall behind and fast, think i read the final was 91-40 right.. Yeah they look to be the team to beat right now, same for weslaco today vs the hawks, just flat, we had nothing to show for today, we couldn't buy a bucket, couldn't make free throws, just got outhustled on both sides of the ball, south won 64-53 and we now have 2 district losses, really dont know what ls going on with these guys, just look really out of sync, hope we can get it together ..
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 01-06-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Told you LF can shoot the hell out of the ball, if you aint scoring your going to fall behind and fast, think i read the final was 91-40 right.. Yeah they look to be the team to beat right now, same for weslaco today vs the hawks, just flat, we had nothing to show for today, we couldn't buy a bucket, couldn't make free throws, just got outhustled on both sides of the ball, south won 64-53 and we now have 2 district losses, really dont know what ls going on with these guys, just look really out of sync, hope we can get it together ..
    Yes I saw the weslaco vs south game and Weslaco is not playing well at all. Thatís not the same team I saw in the pharr tournament. Iíll give south credit they played hard and hit some shots. But like I mentioned before if any team in the district doesnít come out with energy and hustle they can be beat on any given night.

Big game this week between Harlingen High vs Harlingen South

32-6a is tough! Any team can win on a given night

Immortal

32-6a is tough! Any team can win on a given night
    Sure is, really hope Weslaco can get it together and have a more productive 2nd half of district play, because it has not looked good. Should be some good rematches tomm.

Hall of Famer

So Weslaco lost to winless Hanna but beats Harlingen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup...still, Weslaco and LF are the best in the Valley per coach.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Yup...still, Weslaco and LF are the best in the Valley per coach.
    Los Fresnos is best in the valley. Rivera Harlingen and south are all a head of weslaco. Weslaco has to win out and make sure those teams ahead lose to slide into 4th maybe 3rd spot.

Saw the game online and it was a one sided officiated game. Harlingen was getting hacked down low and no calls. I know officials are bad in the valley but it was pretty obvious.

Los Fresnos is best in the valley. Rivera Harlingen and south are all a head of weslaco. Weslaco has to win out and make sure those teams ahead lose to slide into 4th maybe 3rd spot.
    Wow...that’s a tall order for Weslaco, but it can happen.

That comment (the two best teams...) is from the Weslaco coach after losing to LF.

Hall of Famer

Weslaco has 4 losses. Both Harlingen schools have 3 & Weslaco still needs to play South one more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...thatís a tall order for Weslaco, but it can happen.

That comment (the two best teams...) is from the Weslaco coach after losing to LF.
    Wow pretty arrogant by that coach! Anybody can win on a given night. Every game counts and no team can come out complacent and just expect to win

Hall of Famer

When you have a team that went to the sweet sixteen the previous year and all the starting 5 are back this year, it would pretty much give anyone including the coach (heck even the cards coach said as much) the confidence to say that they are one of the better teams in the Valley. Irregardless of its current record.

Hall of Famer

Wow...that’s a tall order for Weslaco, but it can happen.

I read the article in the newspaper the following morning and I can guarantee you that it was not the Weslaco coach that made that comment, it was one of the players, Payes I believe. C’mon c85!

[QUOTE=panther85;878104]When you have a team that went to the sweet sixteen the previous year and all the starting 5 are back this year, it would pretty much give anyone including the coach (heck even the cards coach said as much) the confidence to say that they are one of the better teams in the Valley. Irregardless of its current record.

Thought Free and young where starters?

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    I read the article in the newspaper the following morning and I can guarantee you that it was not the Weslaco coach that made that comment, it was one of the players, Payes I believe. C’mon c85!
    Damn, I'm actually wrong for once...you might want to quote this.

Thread Information