Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 162
  1. #1
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default 32-6A Basketball

    Thought i would start a thread where we can come in and talk about/post scores of district results, district play just got started this past friday..

    Weslaco beat Harlingen High 63-51
    Los fresnos beat East 78-31
    Harlingen South beat Hanna 57-37
    San benito beat Rivera 63-50

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,086

    Default

    Is 32-6A the most competitive district in the Valley?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lrdohmr View Post
    Is 32-6A the most competitive district in the Valley?
    Yes

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    I would say so, los fresnos is a 3 time district champ in this district, Panthers were 2 time district champs out of 31-6a, both are top teams this season in the valley, should be some good games when they meet up later on, but overall very competitive when you add in H. South, Hanna and East.

  5. #5
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    As for tonights results

    H. South 62 San Benito 35
    East 61 Harlingen 42
    Los fresnos 67 Hanna 50
    Weslaco 60 Rivera 34
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 01-04-2017 at 11:57 AM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    I would say so, los fresnos is a 3 time district champ in this district, Panthers were 2 time district champs out of 31-6a, both are top teams this season in the valley, should be some good games when they meet up later on, but overall very competitive when you add in H. South, Hanna and East.
    I know the weslaco east coach he is slowly building that program.

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    Weslaco beat H. south
    Los fresnos beat Harlingen high
    East beat rivera
    Hanna/sb ?

  8. #8
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mcallen, TX
    Posts
    446

    Default

    How accurate do you think this is?

    TOP 10
    BOYS

    Edinburg Vela 18-3, 3-0
    Weslaco High 21-4, 3-0
    McAllen Rowe 19-6, 2-0
    Los Fresnos 15-5, 3-0
    PSJA North 19-5, 2-1
    Santa Rosa 20-3, 0-0
    Edinburg High 16-4, 3-0
    La Joya High 18-7, 2-0
    Brownsville Vets 20-3, 2-0
    Ed Economedes 17-3, 3-0

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WESLACO
    Posts
    4,141

    Default

    Vela is not the best team this yr.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Vela is not the best team this yr.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then who is? Vela's only valley loss was to Los Fresnos in OT. They beat Los Fresnos by 13 in their second game. Weslaco lost to McMemorial and Rowe lost to Ed. North. So who do you think is the best team?

  11. #11
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialT View Post
    Then who is? Vela's only valley loss was to Los Fresnos in OT. They beat Los Fresnos by 13 in their second game. Weslaco lost to McMemorial and Rowe lost to Ed. North. So who do you think is the best team?
    We lost to memorial by 1 pt, we had the lead all game, till the last 40 seconds. We also had 2 starters on the bench who had fouled out in those last couple minutes. Just saying.. But big key game this Friday in 32-6a , weslaco vs los fresnos. Should tell us a bit more about the top 5..

  12. #12
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    Some scores from last night.

    Weslaco 79 San benito 46
    East 46 H. South 41
    Los fresnos 82 Rivera 39

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    We lost to memorial by 1 pt, we had the lead all game, till the last 40 seconds. We also had 2 starters on the bench who had fouled out in those last couple minutes. Just saying.. But big key game this Friday in 32-6a , weslaco vs los fresnos. Should tell us a bit more about the top 5..
    I know weslaco is a better team than memorial. That's not the issue. My question was, if not Vela then who? I was just providing info for the discussion.

  14. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WESLACO
    Posts
    4,141

    Default

    I would say LF is the best in the valley to this point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    I would say LF is the best in the valley to this point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's fair. I would say that all of the top five teams can, have, and will beat one another.

    i just don't think its possible to definitively say one team is or isn't the best team in the valley.

  16. #16

    Default

    Back to the original topic of the thread... Tomorrow night's game(LF vs Weslaco), will give us a clearer picture. They are both very dynamic offenses, but who has a better defense? Any predictions?

  17. #17
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialT View Post
    Back to the original topic of the thread... Tomorrow night's game(LF vs Weslaco), will give us a clearer picture. They are both very dynamic offenses, but who has a better defense? Any predictions?
    Good question, guess we'll find out tomm. Should be a good test for both teams, because so far in district play they haven't really been challenged..

  18. #18
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    Wasn't able to make the drive to Los Fresnos but was getting updated and heard it was close and intense the whole way, but the Panthers came out on top tonight 69-63 over Lf to remain undefeated in district play, good win but they'll be meeting again down the road but here in weslaco and I'll definitely be there for that one. Till then Panthers have East next Tuesday here at home.

  19. #19
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    1/13

    Harlingen high beat Sb 61-53
    East beat Hanna 46-35
    H. south beats Rivera
    Weslaco beats Los Fresnos 69-63
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 01-13-2017 at 10:22 PM.

  20. #20
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,810

    Default

    Current standings:

    Weslaco 5-0
    Los Fresnos 4-1
    W. East 4-1
    H. South 3-2
    Hanna 2-3
    Harlingen High 1-4
    San Benito 1-4
    Rivera 0-5

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •