Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72
  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York City/Chicago
    Posts
    1,754

    Default 2017 Los Fresnos Falcons

    After a 8-5 season what do the Falcons have to look forward to next ???
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Fresnos
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    How many are coming back?
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    2016 started a little rough .. but Brown got the Falcons back on track and into the 3rd round of the playoffs .. the glass is most definitely half full ..

    2017 is looking promising !!!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfalcon View Post
    2016 started a little rough .. but Brown got the Falcons back on track and into the 3rd round of the playoffs .. the glass is most definitely half full ..

    2017 is looking promising !!!
    I don't know it was already the 8th game of the season when the Cardinals killed the Falcons 56-21.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

    Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York City/Chicago
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    I don't know it was already the 8th game of the season when the Cardinals killed the Falcons 56-21.
    But I mean the Falcons got to round 3 and the cardinals didn't so, maybe the cards should just worry about trying to be legit and who they can rely on since Tienda is gone
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    But I mean the Falcons got to round 3 and the cardinals didn't so, maybe the cards should just worry about trying to be legit and who they can rely on since Tienda is gone
    But not as good as Harlingen not even close. This is why they lost to Harlingen and San Benito.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

    Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

  7. #7

    Default

    Tienda wasn't a factor all season due to injury.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York City/Chicago
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    But not as good as Harlingen not even close. This is why they lost to Harlingen and San Benito.
    But yet San Benito and Harlingen couldn't pass 4th place United and United South...but go ahead think what you want think...Cards/SB opinions don't really matter
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  9. #9
    Junior Varsity
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    But I mean the Falcons got to round 3 and the cardinals didn't so, maybe the cards should just worry about trying to be legit and who they can rely on since Tienda is gone
    Tienda was one aspect of a multidimensional unit comprised of numerous play makers and those that allow the play makers to do their jobs. To say that one can only be "legit" when one is relying on a single player on a team is an obtuse rationale devoid of any understanding of the mechanics behind a well functioning team that go beyond the scope of any single player's attributes. Cardinals are not worried about replacing Tienda. His back up did extremely well until he too was hurt late in the season. Good news for us, he is 100% healthy. Our concern is replacing a Haze Duffy, 2 middle line backers that personally enjoyed inflicting massive amounts of pain, a defensive end who no one in the Valley could stop, a 6'5" tight end, and the off season training needed to regain strength superiority in our offensive line. Which if I may be so bold, was the hurdle we crossed every game last year. We started three guys, every game, last year that would have been 3rd string in any prior year. Despite this, Cardinals still won the district title. Once again, our talent pool is divided in Harlingen. SB and LF do not have that disability.....yet. To be fair, I think LF simply had an off night when they played the Cardinals in 2016. They were a much better team than what the final score indicated and I believe their loss came from some simple mistakes that Harlingen was able to immediately capitalize on. The same can be said when they, the Cardinals, played United.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
    Tienda was one aspect of a multidimensional unit comprised of numerous play makers and those that allow the play makers to do their jobs. To say that one can only be "legit" when one is relying on a single player on a team is an obtuse rationale devoid of any understanding of the mechanics behind a well functioning team that go beyond the scope of any single player's attributes. Cardinals are not worried about replacing Tienda. His back up did extremely well until he too was hurt late in the season. Good news for us, he is 100% healthy. Our concern is replacing a Haze Duffy, 2 middle line backers that personally enjoyed inflicting massive amounts of pain, a defensive end who no one in the Valley could stop, a 6'5" tight end, and the off season training needed to regain strength superiority in our offensive line. Which if I may be so bold, was the hurdle we crossed every game last year. We started three guys, every game, last year that would have been 3rd string in any prior year. Despite this, Cardinals still won the district title. Once again, our talent pool is divided in Harlingen. SB and LF do not have that disability.....yet. To be fair, I think LF simply had an off night when they played the Cardinals in 2016. They were a much better team than what the final score indicated and I believe their loss came from some simple mistakes that Harlingen was able to immediately capitalize on. The same can be said when they, the Cardinals, played United.
    to be fair .. i did not read the entire post above .. WAY too much to say very little .. it doesn't matter which players were or were not available to play .. you go with what you got and play the F-en game !!!

    if GB is happy staying at home give him his puny DC and let the rest of us continue down the road .. where the kids playing in those games can learn and experience the post season and appreciate what it takes to go the extra mile because the next level is no cake walk
    Last edited by oldfalcon; 06-01-2017 at 08:49 AM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfalcon View Post
    to be fair .. i did not read the entire post above .. WAY too much to say very little .. it doesn't matter which players were or were not available to play .. you go with what you got and play the F-en game !!!

    if GB is happy staying at home give him his puny DC and let the rest of us continue down the road .. where the kids playing in those games can learn and experience the post season and appreciate what it takes to go the extra mile because the next level is no cake walk
    I'm sure GB was trolling you and it looks to have worked.

    Puny DC? I'm sure if the teams were switched you would be saying the same thing, but really meaning it. I agree though (longer runs are better than DC's).

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    I'm sure GB was trolling you and it looks to have worked.

    Puny DC? I'm sure if the teams were switched you would be saying the same thing, but really meaning it. I agree though (longer runs are better than DC's).
    My post was tailored for Oldfalcon and the only reason I posted it.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

    Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfalcon View Post
    to be fair .. i did not read the entire post above .. WAY too much to say very little .. it doesn't matter which players were or were not available to play .. you go with what you got and play the F-en game !!!

    if GB is happy staying at home give him his puny DC and let the rest of us continue down the road .. where the kids playing in those games can learn and experience the post season and appreciate what it takes to go the extra mile because the next level is no cake walk
    I have my own views about the 3rd round and it's fine if your differ. I don't want to see the Cardinals in the 3rd round getting slaughtered and playing the other teams backups in the 2nd half. I would rather the team show a respectable game. Last year Harlingen would have been trampled in the 3rd round just like the Falcons, even though the Cards would have done better than the Falcons. Who wants to be another weak Valley team in San Antonio. I don't want Harlingen losing the little bit of respect they have got in the last ten years.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

    Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Harlingen
    Posts
    11,793

    Default

    Alright lets keep this talk on the falcons this coming season. The Harlingen talk can be taken back to the Cardinal Thread. Thanks.
    "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack." - Rudyard Kipling

    Hook 'Em


  15. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Alright lets keep this talk on the falcons this coming season. The Harlingen talk can be taken back to the Cardinal Thread. Thanks.
    yes sir ...
    all is cool tho .. GB and I just like to joust

  16. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    i do expect LF to get their sea-legs earlier in the season this year .. the second year in the new system(s) should show us what Brown can do with the LF players he has

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Alright lets keep this talk on the falcons this coming season. The Harlingen talk can be taken back to the Cardinal Thread. Thanks.
    Ok the Falcons will fail against a certain 356A team this year.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

    Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

  18. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York City/Chicago
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Ok the Falcons will fail against a certain 356A team this year.
    Just like Reagan is going blow out the Cards
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  19. #19

    Default

    Was down in LF this past weekend for my cousins graduation and told my younger cousin (who played for LF as a sophomore this year) that LF should be drastically improved this year. Especially after that last game, they should not be intimidated or feel overwhelmed after that. I look to see them make a steady improvement this year.

  20. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myklet View Post
    Was down in LF this past weekend for my cousins graduation and told my younger cousin (who played for LF as a sophomore this year) that LF should be drastically improved this year. Especially after that last game, they should not be intimidated or feel overwhelmed after that. I look to see them make a steady improvement this year.
    what does he play ... ?

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •