Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

Thread: 2017 Season

Heisman Winner

Default 2017 Season

Another season nears for the ladies. Teams will soon begin their quest for a Region IV title. Will this be the year when a RGV team breaks through? Keep on practicing ladies and make RGV soccer standout from the rest.
    RGV Soccer On The Rise!
    RGV Soccer On The Rise! RGV Boys1

Heisman Winner

The TASCO 2017 pre- season rankings has the Sharyland Rattlers ranked #1 in region IV 5A.
    Will this team be the first RGV team to win a regional championship and open the doors for others to do the same. They definitely have the talent, experience and tradition to do so. RGV Soccer On The Rise!
    Last edited by rcards; 12-18-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Heisman Winner

Brownsville ISD tournament begins Thursday Jan. 12 and runs to the 14 at the sport complex. Great tournament with many talented teams participating.

Tonight the 2017 Harlingen South Hawks take on Edinburg Vela at boggus stadium.

Heisman Winner

South 2 Vela 0 final

Heisman Winner

BISD tournament finals:
    Los Fresnos 1 McHi 1 in regulation (McHi wins in penalty kicks).
    Two very good teams with lots of potential. Too bad for McHi that their coach is clueless.
    Harlingen South loses 1 to 3 versus Sharyland Rattlers this past Friday. One more year that the South coach is blessed with quality players. Too bad he lacks the vision to guide the South teams to greatness. South will match up versus Brownsville Veterans tonight. Go South!

Heisman Winner

Big game tomorrow between Harlingen South and North. South is coming off a loss vs Brownsville Vets in non district action. Team looked in complete disarray during game partially due to new faces on team and some injuries. North has a new head coach looking to turn program around. Can she figure out a way to get a win vs South? Talent wise South has the advantage but at the head coach level South is always at the disadvantage. For this reason I predict a tie game at the end of regulation. RGVSoccerOnTheRise!

Heisman Winner

Hawks 2 Cardinals 0 2nd half

Heisman Winner

Hawks 2 Cardinals 0 Final
    Los Fresnos 4 San Benito 1 Final

Heisman Winner

The 2017 playoffs are about to start and I am looking foward in seeing how far Los Fresnos, Mchi, South, Sharyland Rattlers and Diamondbacks can get in the playoffs.
    Having seen Mchi last year I can say they are very talented and can compete against anyone. Hopefully they can play smart organized soccer in the playoffs.
    Saw Los Fresnos play this year and must say I was impressed by them. In my opinion they have the talent to win a regional title. RGVSoccerOnTheRise!

Heisman Winner

Round two is done. Teams alive in 6A are Rivera, South, Los Fresnos and McHi. I expect McHi and Los Fresnos to advance to regionals and one be crowned regional champions. It will not be easy but it was not easy either for the RGV boys to accomplish the same feat 15 years ago but they did. RGVSoccerOnThe Rise!

Heisman Winner

Big game tonight 7 o'clock at Boggus between McHi and South. Rematch from a year ago. These two teams are good but unfortunately they have two of the worst coaches in the valley. As for the game South needs to put their best players on the back line or it could get ugly within the first 15 minutes. RGVSoccerOnTheRise!

Quote Originally Posted by rcards View Post
    Big game tonight 7 o'clock at Boggus between McHi and South. Rematch from a year ago. These two teams are good but unfortunately they have two of the worst coaches in the valley. As for the game South needs to put their best players on the back line or it could get ugly within the first 15 minutes. RGVSoccerOnTheRise!
    Worst coaches yet they have largely dominated the Valley this year?

P, a few years back, had South winning district every year and going to the third and fourth. I don't know my soccer, but I'm not sure if that constitutes as the worst.

Thread Information