Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Heisman Winner

Default 2017 San Benito Greyhounds

The players and coaches have turned the page to preparation for next season so i figured us fans should as well. SB returns all but 1 starting skill player on offense and return 4 of 5 OL as well i believe. Defense will have some turnover as we lose a couple 3 year starters but for the most part half will be back next year. Thoughts?

I'm already excited. I hope this loss to United South lights a fire in these kids going into next season. I'm excited to see what the preseason will look like. I personally would like to see a rematch between the Hounds and United South in the preseason.

Retired Football Guru

San Benito will prob get more transfers.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    San Benito will prob get more transfers.

What makes you say that?

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hendrix View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Transfers are a by-product of a program's success.

That's just what happens.

I'm not saying SB will get alot of transfers...just SOME. 1-2 @ the Varsity level.

You will begin to notice new faces at the sub-varsity level tho.

Just gotta wait and see.

GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

I wonder how many transfers Harlingen had during the 2008-2011 run.

Heisman Winner

7 on 7 is upon us and SB did well in their first two outings. They dispatched Weslaco 33-0 and Mission Vets 28-12.

Heisman Winner

7 on 7 is upon us and SB did well in their first two outings. They dispatched Weslaco 33-0 and Mission Vets 28-12.
    When did they play 7 on 7 against mission vets and where?

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    When did they play 7 on 7 against mission vets and where?
    Too early for "organized" 7 on 7. Yes?

GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Too early for "organized" 7 on 7. Yes?

Who knows, all I know is that 7on7 didn't help Vets when Sharyland and Pioneer smoked them

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Who knows, all I know is that 7on7 didn't help Vets when Sharyland and Pioneer smoked them
    Typical RGV comment. How could getting reps throwing,catching and covering not be good for you?? I'm sure like most good coaches they are looking ahead for next season and sharpening skills.This isn't about the Ws/Ls in 7 on 7 it's reps and chemistry. Everyone has their own way on how they prepare for upcoming seasons. No need to knock kids and programs wanting to get better.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Typical RGV comment. How could getting reps throwing,catching and covering not be good for you?? I'm sure like most good coaches they are looking ahead for next season and sharpening skills.This isn't about the Ws/Ls in 7 on 7 it's reps and chemistry. Everyone has their own way on how they prepare for upcoming seasons. No need to knock kids and programs wanting to get better.
    Typical butthurt RGV response... I was taking a shot at buckeye, he and I know each other.... That being said, few people on this forum or otherwise appreciate 7 on 7 as much as myself and buckeye do... Carry on..
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 12-30-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Heisman Winner

Typical butthurt RGV response... I was taking a shot at buckeye, he and I know each other.... That being said, few people on this forum or otherwise appreciate 7 on 7 as much as myself and buckeye do... Carry on..
    Damn was what I miss. Working my butt off today to finish the year. So trouble you talking smack huh! Lol. Yea rats and pios did beat us. Can't say anything about that. Vets did have the number 1 offense in the valley stats wise and produce all district , all valley skill players. 7 on 7 did help. Number 1 QB Hernandez number 1 slot de leon and number 1 wideout guerrero. Led the valley respectfully in stats. So 7 on 7 is good to some. Oh vets did go to the 3rd round. Lol. What the DC co champs do? One and done started good tradition there. Yikes!!

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Damn was what I miss. Working my butt off today to finish the year. So trouble you talking smack huh! Lol. Yea rats and pios did beat us. Can't say anything about that. Vets did have the number 1 offense in the valley stats wise and produce all district , all valley skill players. 7 on 7 did help. Number 1 QB Hernandez number 1 slot de leon and number 1 wideout guerrero. Led the valley respectfully in stats. So 7 on 7 is good to some. Oh vets did go to the 3rd round. Lol. What the DC co champs do? One and done started good tradition there. Yikes!!
    Kinda hard to advance in the playoffs with out a QB I also wish we would have played a pushover in the 1st round like Vets, but oh well, I guess getting SMOKED BY EVERY OTHER playoff team in the district and sneaking in to the post season should be on Sharyland's list of goals in 2017...lol
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 12-31-2016 at 01:52 AM.

Heisman Winner

Kinda hard to advance in the playoffs with out a QB I also wish we would have played a pushover in the 1st round like Vets, but oh well, I guess getting SMOKED BY EVERY OTHER playoff team in the district and sneaking in to the post season should be on Sharyland's list of goals in 2017...lol
    Happy new year brother. Have a blessing and safe 2017! ��

Retired Football Guru

True. What I was going to add is kids can get some 7 on 7 in on their own.

GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Getting in the reps and chemistry is fine.

Most 7 on 7 starts in the spring.

But, if teams already are putting in work; with 7 on 7, that's says alot about character and work ethic of those teams.

GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Legend

Thank God Christmas is over.... Happy New year to everyone on 956

Immortal

Ive never seen or heard us play any organized 7v7 this early, wondering what team or group of guys we had out there playing if true.. 7v7 starts up till the spring. But as far as next season san benny should continue to do some good things.

Thread Information