Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 185

Thread: FBU RGV NC Team

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default FBU RGV NC Team

    It has become official, Rgv will have their own 6,7 & 8th grade teams for the FBU NC. Stay tuned for tryouts and any other information.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    It has become official, Rgv will have their own 6,7 & 8th grade teams for the FBU NC. Stay tuned for tryouts and any other information.
    Let get some......

  3. #3

    Default

    Wow cool! These kids can now get some exposure and improve their game. What fees are they talking about to join if selected??

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Here, There
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REKAT View Post
    Wow cool! These kids can now get some exposure and improve their game. What fees are they talking about to join if selected??
    When my son participated, we only paid a $35 tryout fee. FBU supplied helmet, pads and jersey only. If nothing has changed, your expense would include the pants with pads, shoes, and your travel to practices and games. It can be a great experience and good exposure for your athlete.

  5. #5
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,378

    Default

    Wow, that's awesome news.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Anyone with questions can email director, also anyone interested in coaching. Warri70079@gmail.com

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Anyone with questions can email director, also anyone interested in coaching. Warri70079@gmail.com
    Isn't the director Aaron Williams from Austin?

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Isn't the director Aaron Williams from Austin?
    Yes he is....

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Here, There
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Isn't the director Aaron Williams from Austin?
    Anthony Williams is in charge of Texas zone. Has several individuals helping him out, one of them is Dee Jenkins out of Kerrville and several new faces in the mix. National director is Erik Richards.

    Football University is truly a good organization with tremendous potential for exposure for athletes who become elite student athletes.

    FBU hosts their FBU NC games in January at the Alamodome in conjunction with the Eastbay Youth All-American games and the Army All-American game in January every year. The week also has the FBU Army National Combine.
    Last edited by Nombre; 03-06-2015 at 12:37 AM.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nombre View Post
    Anthony Williams is in charge of Texas zone. Has several individuals helping him out, one of them is Dee Jenkins out of Kerrville and several new faces in the mix. National director is Erik Richards.

    Football University is truly a good organization with tremendous potential for exposure for athletes who become elite student athletes.

    FBU hosts their FBU NC games in January at the Alamodome in conjunction with the Eastbay Youth All-American games and the Army All-American game in January every year. The week also has the FBU Army National Combine.
    Sorry about that Aaron is Anthony son. And yes that is correct great organization. The student athlete from mission vets roman de leon played for team Austin a his 8th grade year. Great experience for him and the family and playing that level prepared him for high school according to family. Good luck to the rgv if they get this kicked off.

  11. #11
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Sorry about that Aaron is Anthony son. And yes that is correct great organization. The student athlete from mission vets roman de leon played for team Austin a his 8th grade year. Great experience for him and the family and playing that level prepared him for high school according to family. Good luck to the rgv if they get this kicked off.
    I've only known about FBU over a year and a half...I know of two athletes from Cameron County that have attended.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  12. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    FBU RGV NC tryouts coming in April. Actual dates will be posted soon. Stay tuned......

  13. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Anyone with interest in coaching may also send their coaching resume to fburgvnc@gmail.com ...... Any teams practicing or playing in spring games send us an email of where and when and we will attend in hopes of finding kids for the FBU NC team, Thank you

  14. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    First game will be on Dec 5.

  15. #15
    Moderator in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    351

    Default

    you coaching FBU lmoya?
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

  16. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,615

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    you coaching FBU lmoya?
    Nope, leaving that to the experts. Jst helping organize it. Check out thier Facebook page FBU Rgv Nc

  17. #17
    Moderator in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Is Arnie the Arnie who use to run the Pop Warner down here?
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

  18. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,005

    My Social Networking

    Follow 22TX On Twitter Add 22TX on Facebook
    Visit 22TX's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Is Arnie the Arnie who use to run the Pop Warner down here?
    Sure is.
    The poster formerly known as TX22!

  19. #19
    Moderator in Training
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    351

    Default

    I knew the name sound familiar. Props to him to taking the initiative and getting this going.
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

  20. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,005

    My Social Networking

    Follow 22TX On Twitter Add 22TX on Facebook
    Visit 22TX's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    I knew the name sound familiar. Props to him to taking the initiative and getting this going.
    When Dee was deciding who was getting the last teams, it came down to the RGV and somewhere else. I can't recall what the other location was but the idea of having a RGV NC Team was very intriguing. He asked if anyone would be willing to run the organization for the RGV and Arnie was the first to volunteer. Dee went to the RGV, met with Arnie, got an idea of what kind of guy he was and decided the RGV was the right place to have a team.

    Arnie has a vision and has surrounded himself by high quality individuals who all see the big picture. These people aren't in it for themselves. They want this for the kids so they have an opportunity to gain valuable experience and be exposed to different levels of competition. It's great to see this happen and I'm excited for the RGV.
    The poster formerly known as TX22!

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •