Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    not really. every race counts, specifically FAT or handheld with video proof. the point for these kids is to get to college and by state most scholarships are already committed
    Correct, if you are a senior most of the money is gone by the time the State Track meet is run. You have to get started early contacting coaches and sending out videos, don't wait, I repeat, don't wait for your high school coach to do it!!!!
    Last edited by The Watcher; 02-25-2015 at 10:45 AM.

any meets this weekend. pretty sure spring break is coming soon to some schools

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bum View Post
    any meets this weekend. pretty sure spring break is coming soon to some schools
    Welcome back Bum to track and field forum, Border Olympics in Laredo and Ramirez Relays in Rio Grande to name a couple.

Heisman Winner

Rio Hondo is hosting a meet and Brownsville is hosting their City Meet. Some might get canceled for weather.

any meets this week?

any meets this week?
    Mid-Valley Classic, Weslaco
    Kingsville Academy Relays
    Patriot Relays, Mission

saw the results of raymondville, will they show harlingen and los fresnos?

heard cole pulled his hamstring in the 100-m dash. that's a huge bummer in rgv track this season. hope he has a speedy recovery.

Hall of Famer

heard cole pulled his hamstring in the 100-m dash. that's a huge bummer in rgv track this season. hope he has a speedy recovery.
    Read the paper and congrats go out to vela track team winning dc. Wishing cole and healthy and fast recovery and thank you for your dedication and success on the track field these past 2 years. Good luck to all regional qualifiers and seeing the valley times who has the best chance to go forward to state?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Read the paper and congrats go out to vela track team winning dc. Wishing cole and healthy and fast recovery and thank you for your dedication and success on the track field these past 2 years. Good luck to all regional qualifiers and seeing the valley times who has the best chance to go forward to state?
    Also wishing Cole a quick recovery, but I'm sure he will be ok, Valley has some fast times that will make us very competitive in regionals. 10.74, 14.4, 21.54 and 49.2's its gonna be fun to watch!!!

Hall of Famer

Just got back from the track meet where I saw both Weslaco schools practically dominate the 31-6A meet finishing in 1st and 2nd on Wut seemed like in almost every race,,, boys and girls,,, WISD has some great athletes. Panther girls won the district title by a large margin,,, think it's their 4th straight,,, and the East boys won the district title by distancing themselves late in the meet from 2nd place Whs,,, great meet for both schools,, both will be sending a good bunch to the area meet next wk. Best of luck to them all!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Also wishing Cole a quick recovery, but I'm sure he will be ok, Valley has some fast times that will make us very competitive in regionals. 10.74, 14.4, 21.54 and 49.2's its gonna be fun to watch!!!
    Who ran those times? I did not see those times in 31-5a!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Who ran those times? I did not see those times in 31-5a!
    Sorry I should have clarified, I meant across the Valley.

Perales (10.74), Vince (14.4) etc

Perales (10.74), Vince (14.4) etc

Hall of Famer

Cierra Pena BEAST from Harlingen South will be making noise at Regionals

anyone got results from 32-6A? all i know is that pena from south won her events and harlingen won mile and mile relay

Hall of Famer

anyone got results from 32-6A? all i know is that pena from south won her events and harlingen won mile and mile relay
    I was there, I know HHS got 1st (Medina) and 2nd in boys 400m dash, and 1st in girls 400m dash. As you said the mile relay as well.
    Pena from H South won 100m, 200m, long jump, 4x1.
    Christian Perales from Los Fresnos (beat Cole head to head at Meet of Champions) won 100m and 200m dash.

I don't have official results just going off top of the head

Immortal

Area meet going on at Bobby Lackey as we speak, on the girls side should be some good battles between the Lady Panthers, Los Fresnos, and H. south, so far the weslaco girls beat out Pena and the hawks on the 4100 relay taking first with a time of 49.34. Angela Villarreal is a stud for the Weslaco girls but overall the lady Panthers have alot of speed and talent.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 04-23-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Immortal

Congrats to the Weslaco Lady Panthers on dominating another meet and winning their 3rd straight Area Championship Good luck to our Panther athletes on the boys and girls side who made it to regionals next week in SA.. As well as the rest of our Rgv athletes.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 04-23-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Thread Information