Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    200m and under I'd take Castillo allll day

a RGV kid doesn't sign with an SEC school for no reason
    Vince can fly, no doubt, I'd take him in the 400m for sure, but in the 100m and 200m, James Cole ALL DAY.... James is also a D1 signee for Track and in the 100m/200m to boot....

Where is Cole going?

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    200m and under I'd take Castillo allll day

a RGV kid doesn't sign with an SEC school for no reason
    Still be a better race once Cole it's in better track shape from playing football. From what I seen legs not there yet. And you are correct, Vince is always in track shape and he looked great.
    Last edited by The Watcher; 02-17-2015 at 11:41 AM.

[QUOTE=The Watcher;769620]Still be a better race once Cole it's in better track shape from playing football. From what I seen legs not there yet. And you are correct, Vince is always in track shape and he looked great.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Where is Cole going?
    Cole signed a couple of months ago with North Texas...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Still be a better race once Cole it's in better track shape from playing football. From what I seen legs not there yet. And you are correct, Vince is always in track shape and he looked great.
    I agree 100%, this week it looked like James was coasting the 100m and he went 10.84, he looked like he beat Trevor Speights by more than .03sec, I was literally standing at the finish line with the timers so I couldn't believe the time when I saw it... I kinda wish the Stark Relays would have had finals to see Trevor and Sean Landez go at it head to head, it would be a better race than Cole vs Trevor was...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I agree 100%, this week it looked like James was coasting the 100m and he went 10.84, he looked like he beat Trevor Speights by more than .03sec, I was literally standing at the finish line with the timers so I couldn't believe the time when I saw it... I kinda wish the Stark Relays would have had finals to see Trevor and Sean Landez go at it head to head, it would be a better race than Cole vs Trevor was...
    Was told he was nursing a sore hamstring before this meet probably should not have run. Pretty cool out practice meet and this meet, two other Shary runners got hurt at this meet.

Platinum

Was told he was nursing a sore hamstring before this meet probably should not have run. Pretty cool out practice meet and this meet, two other Shary runners got hurt at this meet.
    Yeah, I saw that Carlos Andrade scratched in the 200m, we didn't run the 4x400m relay... I figured something was wrong with James... I timed him at 10.57 on my stop watch at the practice meet, I had Sean at 10.78.... I was right on the money timing them this time too, I had James at 10.85 and Sean at 10.95 this past meet... I was right on because official times were 10.84 and 11.01

c'mon man, all these relays and meets are just practice runs for district and hopeful regional and state qualifiers. really pulling for vince to repeat and shary making some noise

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bum View Post
    c'mon man, all these relays and meets are just practice runs for district and hopeful regional and state qualifiers. really pulling for vince to repeat and shary making some noise
    Nobody is gonna beat Vince, I think he 3petes the state title in the 300m HH, he chopped hurdle 2 and 4 I think and still went 38 and change, he is faster this year.

Hall of Famer

I wonder which races Sean L will run for shary in district. I would run him in the 4x100, 400m and 4x400. I think they can run low 42's in the 4x100 by district time.
    Vela shows promise in the 4x400 relay.

Heisman Winner

you all need to keep an eye out for yazmine martinez a freshman at HHS. she is running varsity and at her first meet she took 2nd in the 100 and 3rd in the 200. as an 8th grader she only lost 1 race in the 100 (first time out of the blocks but no excuse) and never lost in the 200. in 7th she never lost in either event. also on a different note in 8th grade she triple jumped 32 feet 10 1/2 inches and long jumper 15 feet 9 inches. just my 2 cents worth.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    I wonder which races Sean L will run for shary in district. I would run him in the 4x100, 400m and 4x400. I think they can run low 42's in the 4x100 by district time.
    Vela shows promise in the 4x400 relay.
    Sean ran the 100m in both of the last two meets, I think he would excel in the 200m, he ran 21.8 last season, he is fast in the 400m as well....

heard a kid ran 22.5 or 22.6 200 at la feria into the wind. is that legit speed or no

Platinum

heard a kid ran 22.5 or 22.6 200 at la feria into the wind. is that legit speed or no
    Into the wind, yeah that's really fast, especially with how windy it was yesterday.

Heisman Winner

Where did Sharyland compete this past weekend? I saw the 200m dash at Sams this past weekend and there were some fast boys there. Chris Rosales from Harlingen, Jose Torres from PSJA North and Anthony Gonzalez from Porter. The only one missing was James Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by LoboWarrior View Post
    Where did Sharyland compete this past weekend? I saw the 200m dash at Sams this past weekend and there were some fast boys there. Chris Rosales from Harlingen, Jose Torres from PSJA North and Anthony Gonzalez from Porter. The only one missing was James Cole.
    Sharyland was in Kingsville, just checked online, Cole ran 10.86 & 22.25 FAT, must have rested that hamstring!

Hall of Famer

not really. every race counts, specifically FAT or handheld with video proof. the point for these kids is to get to college and by state most scholarships are already committed

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHA34 View Post
    you all need to keep an eye out for yazmine martinez a freshman at HHS. she is running varsity and at her first meet she took 2nd in the 100 and 3rd in the 200. as an 8th grader she only lost 1 race in the 100 (first time out of the blocks but no excuse) and never lost in the 200. in 7th she never lost in either event. also on a different note in 8th grade she triple jumped 32 feet 10 1/2 inches and long jumper 15 feet 9 inches. just my 2 cents worth.
    sounds like a good raw talent. consider a personal trainer or strength classes. HHS girls track coach is clueless
    (especially with sprints, blocks, jumps)

Platinum

Sharyland was in Kingsville, just checked online, Cole ran 10.86 & 22.25 FAT, must have rested that hamstring!
    James went 22.24 FAT Sean went 22.52 FAT, James 10.86, Sean 11.03 took 1st and 2nd in both events...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 02-24-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Thread Information