Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Track and Field 2015

Who looks good in the upcoming year, besides Castillo and Cole and Rivera and Murchison for girls?

Who looks good for the upcoming year besides Castillo, Cole, Rivera (boys) Murchison for the girls

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Who looks good for the upcoming year besides Castillo, Cole, Rivera (boys) Murchison for the girls
    There is a kid out of Mercedes that is supposed to make some noise this season, he's a 200m and 400m kid, Fabian Ledesma is his name... I would not be at all surprised to see him running the 100m though... At Shary, you got Cole in the 1 & 200m he's already signed D1, Sean Landez in the 2 & 400m, I'm anxious to see what events Marcus Pena runs, he is typically a hurdler, but he's fast, I've also heard that Seth Carter will be participating in sprints this season and he is fast too...

Hall of Famer

Saw some track and field yesterday in psja the winter relays and boy their is some speed in the valley. Vince looked great as usual. Trevor on the starts for the 4x100 for memorial is fast and looked good. Moron from east anchored the sprint relays and watch out for east as a team. The sophomore de leon kid from mission vets anchored 4x100 which took 6th and 4x200 for the first time and didn't look to bad. Vets missing some sprinters but as for long distance they are solid. Vela as a team is very strong all around and my guess will be the front runners for the district title. Didn't see shary or POINEERS out there but I here the next meet will be in shary this coming Friday. Just my notes I took over the weekend. Enjoy the season.

Platinum

Buckeye, keep me updated about this weekend for the meet, I"m sure Shary will be there, I'll sit with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Saw some track and field yesterday in psja the winter relays and boy their is some speed in the valley. Vince looked great as usual. Trevor on the starts for the 4x100 for memorial is fast and looked good. Moron from east anchored the sprint relays and watch out for east as a team. The sophomore de leon kid from mission vets anchored 4x100 which took 6th and 4x200 for the first time and didn't look to bad. Vets missing some sprinters but as for long distance they are solid. Vela as a team is very strong all around and my guess will be the front runners for the district title. Didn't see shary or POINEERS out there but I here the next meet will be in shary this coming Friday. Just my notes I took over the weekend. Enjoy the season.
    What races did Vince run, heard he might try some different races.

Hall of Famer

What races did Vince run, heard he might try some different races.
    Saw him run the 4x100 took 2nd the 110 and 300 smoked the field and got 1st.

Platinum

Who beat Vince in the 110s? I would love to see Vince get smoked by Cole or Sean!!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Who beat Vince in the 110s? I would love to see Vince get smoked by Cole or Sean!!!
    The relay got second he took 1st in 110 and 300 hurdles. Vince is fast and my guess is the fastest from a 200 meter on up in the valley. Not sure how he would do in a straight 100 meter event.

The relay got second he took 1st in 110 and 300 hurdles. Vince is fast and my guess is the fastest from a 200 meter on up in the valley. Not sure how he would do in a straight 100 meter event.
    No question Vince is fast and a strong runner, I'm sure he will be running some 400's in college, maybe 4X400 relays. If he ran against Cole or Landez it will only help all of them get prepared sooner for regionals, since that's the type of speed they will be facing in San Antonio.

Platinum

Vince isnt faster than Cole thats for sure, not in the 200m anyway... Cole went 21.37... On that note, Sean has gone 21.8 his Junior year, so I'm not even sure he could beat Sean in the 200m...

Hall of Famer

Vince isnt faster than Cole thats for sure, not in the 200m anyway... Cole went 21.37... On that note, Sean has gone 21.8 his Junior year, so I'm not even sure he could beat Sean in the 200m...
    That would be a great race to have all 3 run the 200. I would bet a cold beverage of choice the redskin prevails!!!!

Platinum

That would be a great race to have all 3 run the 200. I would bet a cold beverage of choice the redskin prevails!!!!
    I'll take that bet!!!! Cole will dust Castillo...

Is Donna running at Steve Starks this week? If so we might get to see it !

[QUOTE=The Watcher;769345]Is Donna running at Steve Starks this week? If so we might get to see it. would be better later in the season when both are in better track shape. UOTE]

Platinum

[QUOTE=The Watcher;769347]
    Is Donna running at Steve Starks this week? If so we might get to see it. would be better later in the season when both are in better track shape. UOTE]
    Yeah Vince is always in "track shape" Cole is just getting back to it.... Cole could beat him in the 200m after eating a Chocoflan cake and a 44oz big gulp...

Hall of Famer

UPDATE OF FORMER ATHLETES

If you have the SEC Network or ESPN GO; tune in tomorrow Saturday 2/14 at noon to watch the Tyson Invitational, the "National Meet of the Week". The best of the best in college and some former RGV athletes competing. Leigha Brown (Edinburg Econ, U of Arkansas) 60m hurdles and high jump. Cassie Divin (Harlingen, Louisiana Tech) 400m dash and 4x400m relay.

Yeah Vince is always in "track shape" Cole is just getting back to it.... Cole could beat him in the 200m after eating a Chocoflan cake and a 44oz big gulp...

Heisman Winner

Lets lay hurdles for the first 100 meters to make this race even. Heck after watching Castillo at Stark he might not need the hurdles to beat Cole not taking anything from Cole. Castillo just looks good for this time of year.[QUOTE=RGVTrouble;769357]

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Lets lay hurdles for the first 100 meters to make this race even. Heck after watching Castillo at Stark he might not need the hurdles to beat Cole not taking anything from Cole. Castillo just looks good for this time of year.
    200m and under I'd take Castillo allll day

a RGV kid doesn't sign with an SEC school for no reason
    Last edited by HMW; 02-16-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Thread Information