Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 781 to 799 of 799

Thread: Lady Panthers

  1. #781
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WESLACO
    Posts
    4,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    United south 38
    Weslaco 30

    Wasn't meant to be for us tonight, great defensive effort but like most of the season in key situations we just didnt have enough offense to pull it out late in the game and LUS did. Tough loss for the seniors like Bree Pena and Emily Saenz who have had so much success in their 4 years at Whs, another 30+ win season for the program but we fell short tonight. Good luck to LUS in the next rd.
    Dam tough loss


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #782
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    United south 38
    Weslaco 30

    Wasn't meant to be for us tonight, great defensive effort but like most of the season in key situations we just didnt have enough offense to pull it out late in the game and LUS did. Tough loss for the seniors like Bree Pena and Emily Saenz who have had so much success in their 4 years at Whs, another 30+ win season for the program but we fell short tonight. Good luck to LUS in the next rd.

    Great season for the Lady Panthers, and what an awesome career those seniors had at Weslaco High, not many programs in South Texas can say the same thing. Congratulations for bringing that excitement to us fans for several seasons now. Best wishes.

  3. #783
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Looks like bad year for valley girls, only Hidalgo advance last nite. Wonder whats going on in Laredo, the been outplaying valley teams.

  4. #784
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Looks like bad year for valley girls, only Hidalgo advance last nite. Wonder whats going on in Laredo, the been outplaying valley teams.
    Yeah looks like it was a bad year in the playoffs this year for the Rgv, and but as far as Weslaco goes they have laredos number, we have advanced to the sweet 16 the last 5 out of 6 season knocking off laredo teams in the area and regional rounds. Last season we beat United South and United to get to the sweet 16..

  5. #785
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Great season for the Lady Panthers, and what an awesome career those seniors had at Weslaco High, not many programs in South Texas can say the same thing. Congratulations for bringing that excitement to us fans for several seasons now. Best wishes.
    Agreed..

  6. #786
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,086

    Default

    This was an exceptional year for 29-6A. I don't think that has ever happened before, however, Laredo has been having success for a while now in both Boys and Girls basketball. One example is Alexander, the girls team has been to the regional tournament 5 out the last 6 years with a chance to make it 5 consecutive trips. LUS and Del Rio have also been to the sweet sixteen of late. Recently, to my recollection, only Weslaco stands out of the Valley programs. They have eliminated many Laredo teams either in the Area or Quarterfinal rounds.

  7. #787
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,587

    Default

    Congrats to some of our girls who recieved district honors..

    Bree Pena (Sr) - Most Valuable Player
    Emily Saenz (Sr) 1st Team All District
    Illaya Cantu (jr) 1st Team All District
    Jada Lopez (jr) 2nd team All District

    Next season will have 3 starters back (Illaya, Jada and Kirsten) who we will have to build the team around, we won't have any standouts or key players like we have had, will have to be a total team effort for coach fino and the girls to keep the tradition of success of the Lady Panther Program going.. Which im sure Fino will find a way to do, believe our jv girls were also district champs, so good to know for the girls we have coming up..

  8. #788
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Looks like this thread is tops in girls basketball, with that said very sad Bianca Torrez who played for South and UTPA is very very sick, critical. Prayers for her to make it.

  9. #789
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Looks like this thread is tops in girls basketball, with that said very sad Bianca Torrez who played for South and UTPA is very very sick, critical. Prayers for her to make it.

    Hoping and praying for a full recovery for Miss Torrez.
    Last edited by panther85; 02-23-2018 at 05:16 AM.

  10. #790

    Default

    Your post reads:

    Looks like this thread is tops in girls basketball, with that said very sad Bianca Torrez who played for South and UTPA is very very sick, critical. Prayers for her to make it.


    She is not critical and never was in critical condition. Please don't spread rumors!
    Last edited by Sports4life; 02-23-2018 at 07:48 AM. Reason: added quote from previous post

  11. #791
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sports4life View Post
    Your post reads:

    Looks like this thread is tops in girls basketball, with that said very sad Bianca Torrez who played for South and UTPA is very very sick, critical. Prayers for her to make it.


    She is not critical and never was in critical condition. Please don't spread rumors!
    Some one that knows her told me that yesterday, hope it isnt true.

  12. #792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Some one that knows her told me that yesterday, hope it isnt true.
    And you're dumb enough to repeat it without knowing for sure.

  13. #793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Some one that knows her told me that yesterday, hope it isnt true.
    Well that someone does not know her as well as they think they do. Again, Please stop spreading untrue rumors!

  14. #794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Some one that knows her told me that yesterday, hope it isnt true.
    Well that someone does not know her as well as they think they do. Again, Please stop spreading untrue rumors!

  15. #795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lrdohmr View Post
    This was an exceptional year for 29-6A. I don't think that has ever happened before, however, Laredo has been having success for a while now in both Boys and Girls basketball. One example is Alexander, the girls team has been to the regional tournament 5 out the last 6 years with a chance to make it 5 consecutive trips. LUS and Del Rio have also been to the sweet sixteen of late. Recently, to my recollection, only Weslaco stands out of the Valley programs. They have eliminated many Laredo teams either in the Area or Quarterfinal rounds.
    Laredo Alexander Breaks through 4th round beating East Central and their Mcd's All-American player. They will play tomorrow in Elite 8 Regional Final vs Judson!

  16. #796
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackshirt View Post
    Laredo Alexander Breaks through 4th round beating East Central and their Mcd's All-American player. They will play tomorrow in Elite 8 Regional Final vs Judson!
    Yes, Alexander didn't just sneak out with a victory, they blew East Central out of the water. Led all game long! Closest it ever got was 4pts in the 3rd quarter! Congratulations Girls! This should be an example to all Border District teams (Valley and Laredo) that our girls can ball and bust down that 4th round door!

  17. #797
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    And you're dumb enough to repeat it without knowing for sure.
    Nancy dumb or not you're still no bueno for sheet. LOL

  18. #798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Nancy dumb or not you're still no bueno for sheet. LOL
    This coming from the goon who is spreading lies? You’re too dumb to get it... hahahahaha!
    Last edited by cardinal85; 02-24-2018 at 08:49 AM.

  19. #799
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    10,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackshirt View Post
    Laredo Alexander Breaks through 4th round beating East Central and their Mcd's All-American player. They will play tomorrow in Elite 8 Regional Final vs Judson!
    Great run, judson has a 44-27 lead with a few minutes left

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •