Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Lady Panthers

Immortal

Rio Grande Valley Basketball Coaches Association (RGVBCA) All Valley Honors are out and what has become a yearly award and rightfully so for our very own Coach Fino she was named COACH OF THE YEAR!

Coach Of The Year - Weslaco Coach Fino
    All Valley Most Valuable Player (MVP) - (jr) Bree Pena
    1st Team All Valley - (jr) Emily Saenz
    2nd Team All Valley - (Sr) Gabie Garza

Congrats to the girls and the team on another successful season, already looking forward to next yr with Bree and Emily leading the way..

C7xAaOPVwAIG3eE.jpg
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 03-25-2017 at 12:24 PM. Reason: link

Immortal

Lady Panthers always staying busy in preparation for the upcoming season , have already played in a couple of tournaments with more coming up but so far have won every local one that included Rgv and Laredo comp and went 3-1 a couple weekends ago at the Spurs tournament in SA against some tough competition.. Gotta appreciate how much work these girls put in so they can reach their goals once the season comes around.

Hall of Famer

As good of teams coach Fino has had I think this coming years teams has the most potential to go the deepest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    As good of teams coach Fino has had I think this coming years teams has the most potential to go the deepest.

And that's saying alot because we have had alot of really good talent come and go through the program, but yeah with Emily and Bree leading the team next season expectations will definately be high once again, it'd be great to see us break though the regional semifinal round.. We'll see how they do.

Immortal

Season is right around the corner.. Expectations will be high once again for the Lady Panthers, look for big things to come from now seniors Emily Saenz and Bree Pena these girls can play and have a very high IQ for the game, they will make everyone around them better. They should be fun to watch once again this season.. Coach Fino will have them ready.

Immortal

This year's team will be a mix of experience, good senior leadership, and a new crop of Lady Panthers eager and ready to make a name for themselves..

Junior Varsity

I've seen the lady panthers play during the summer against valley teams and up in San Antonio against top teams and let me tell you i think they are once again going deep into the playoffs again this year. Edinburg is another team that i like.

Hall of Famer

Anyone know when the season starts for both boys and girls basketball?

Hall of Famer

Had some scrimmages today I believe the girls won the boys had a tri scrimmage lost the first won the rest

Hall of Famer

Lady Panthers win first four games of the mid Valley tournament in Weslaco; play #1 Edinburg High today at 12:30 in the platinum bracket.

Let’s see who’s the best!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Lady Panthers win first four games of the mid Valley tournament in Weslaco; play #1 Edinburg High today at 12:30 in the platinum bracket.

Let’s see who’s the best!
    The Lady Panthers are ranked #1

Immortal

Wasn't at the game, but heard Edinburg beat Weslaco by 5 in the semi finals of the mid valley classic in what I heard was a very intense game, with the refs making alot of calls that impacted the final minutes, that's a good early signature win for them, and a good little wake up call for us, pretty sure they will meet again and we'll see how that one goes but looks like the they will be the top two teams in the valley this season..
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 11-11-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Wasn't at the game, but heard Edinburg beat Weslaco by 5 in the semi finals of the mid valley classic in what I heard was a very intense game, with the refs making alot of calls that impacted the final minutes, that's a good early signature win for them, and a good little wake up call for us, pretty sure they will meet again and we'll see how that one goes but looks like the they will be the top two teams in the valley this season..

Very tough game, girls missed lots of easy shots, free throws. Edinburg has tall girls that gave us fits all game. Our girls panicked, very uncharacteristically of them and eventually lost the game.

Hopefully they’ll grow from this point forward.

Hall of Famer

The Monitor had Ehs ranked #1 earlier this week.

Hall of Famer

Our girls had a early season loss to Edinburg high last year also nothing we can’t come back from

Immortal

Doubt they panicked panther85, coach finos girls don't panick, it's a tournament theyve played quite a bit of games last few days sometimes shots just don't go in, they will be fine and in fact we do see Edinburg again on December 5th here at home, I'll be sure to go check that one out, since I wasn't able to catch any of their games at this tourney. And McAllen Memorial ended up beating Edinburg in the championship game.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 11-11-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Immortal

And we have McAllen Memorial here at home on Tuesday, so should be a good one.. 6pm and the boys play pace right after at 730

Immortal

Immortal

Lady Panthers get the W tonight over McAllen Memorial 36-35, wasn't able to make the game, but not surprised it was close the mustangs have been building up that program and are doing well, plus their headcoach knows our team very well, they played us close when they meet last yr too. The boys won over pace too 78-59, something like that.. as for the Lady Panthers they will be participating in the annual border brawl tournament, starts on Thursday and runs all weekend.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Lady Panthers get the W tonight over McAllen Memorial 36-35, wasn't able to make the game, but not surprised it was close the mustangs have been building up that program and are doing well, plus their headcoach knows our team very well, they played us close when they meet last yr too. The boys won over pace too 78-59, something like that.. as for the Lady Panthers they will be participating in the annual border brawl tournament, starts on Thursday and runs all weekend.

Awesome, good to hear. As always, thanks for the info as I wasn’t able to make it out there either.

Both teams should do very good this year as well.

Thread Information