Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 216 of 218 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4346

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 09'paw'09 View Post
    Yea I was thinking he would be a main event out here, but we'll see. It would be cool if they did add him on .. It would draw a lot more fans to the Dome.

Is Broner even available, law wise ? I haven't kept up much with him since Mikey beat him but I've seen YouTube clips mentioning him and court , etc.

Tonight Jesse Vargas fights.. You guys think he's a possibility for Omar one day ?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    I think alot of doors are open for omar...but in regards to having omar fight on the undercard, I don't see why not wait another month and have omar and broner headline a card themselves and that way they can throw brandon on the undercard as well. Why not have it in San Antonio too. Jess vargas would be another good fight. Omar has even mentioned thurman but stated he wants to ein a title at 140 first but if the money is right. Things can change.

Hall of Famer

Yea that's kind of what I mean , I don't know if Omar and Broner would even consider being an under card fight .. They can probably just get a new date and headline it. Doubt they'll have back to back events in s.a though. , there's usually a good gap in between t.v. boxing events in s.a. either way, if they make that fight it won't even matter where they have it.. A lot of people will show up and tune in.

I just want something to get announced already haha

MVP

I know they should be announcing Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios for February 17th and Omar is scheduled to fight in Jan or Feb. I would want him to headline a card but I don't think he does his next fight. Maybe later this year.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    I know they should be announcing Danny Garcia vs Brandon Rios for February 17th and Omar is scheduled to fight in Jan or Feb. I would want him to headline a card but I don't think he does his next fight. Maybe later this year.
    The Mikey Garcia card already has a co main with Barthelemy, so maybe on that Garcia Rios card, idk.
    Who knows if Broner is even ready to take a fight right now, I don't know who the heck is available right now.

MVP

Looks likes there's also a co-main event for the Rios-Garcia card. Benavidez vs Gavril.

Anyone see John Molina TKO Radkach? Molina went down the 2nd round but came back strong and knocked down Radkach the 3rd round with a big punch. Ref stopped the fight the 4th round. Molina-Figueroa has always been a fan friendly fight that most wouldn't mind watching. I do think if Figueroa would fight Molina, it would be taking be taking a step back after his big win against Guerrero.
    Last edited by mark_heat3; 12-15-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Hall of Famer

Looks likes there's also a co-main event for the Rios-Garcia card. Benavidez vs Gavril.

Anyone see John Molina TKO Radkach? Molina went down the 2nd round but came back strong and knocked down Radkach the 3rd round with a big punch. Ref stopped the fight the 4th round. Molina-Figueroa has always been a fan friendly fight that most wouldn't mind watching. I do think if Figueroa would fight Molina, it would be taking be taking a step back after his big win against Guerrero.
    Yea I saw it, Molina has always been a brawler.. He's been wanting to fight Omar for a good while now, but at this point.. I just don't think it's worth it for Omar, High risk Low reward type of fight. Granados would be fun too, but he doesn't have the name either. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Victor Ortiz, or Rios against Omar, but none of those fights seem realistic anytime soon either.

Jesse Vargas just fought, Garcia is booked, Thurman ain't ready for a big fight yet,
    Idk what's out there that's more interesting than the Broner fight if possible.

MVP

Brandon Figueroa just announced that he’s fighting on the Mikey Garcia undercard.

MVP

Reports of Broner-Figueroa for April/May on Showtime.

If it happens I hope that Panterita fights at 147!

MVP

Brandon Rios vs Danny Garcia in Las Vegas February 17.

Hall of Famer

I think Garcia wins, by ko. Brandon isn't the best defensive fighter and Danny has some pop. However , I really don't find the fight interesting . I would of rather seen Victor Ortiz against Brandon or Garcia . since before Brandon retired , he was already looking bored in the ring.

Anyways , if the Broner Omar does happen ... Where do y'all think it'll be at ? I don't think cali, maybe ny? I wish it would would be here in San antonio, but I see zero reason as to why Broner would be willing to come to s.a. right now.

MVP

I think Garcia wins, by ko. Brandon isn't the best defensive fighter and Danny has some pop. However , I really don't find the fight interesting . I would of rather seen Victor Ortiz against Brandon or Garcia . since before Brandon retired , he was already looking bored in the ring.

Anyways , if the Broner Omar does happen ... Where do y'all think it'll be at ? I don't think cali, maybe ny? I wish it would would be here in San antonio, but I see zero reason as to why Broner would be willing to come to s.a. right now.

Maybe in Brooklyn or somewhere in Ohio where a Broner was born. He’s fought in Cincinnati a couple of times already. I plan on going to the fight wherever it’s held.

Maybe in Brooklyn or somewhere in Ohio where a Broner was born. He’s fought in Cincinnati a couple of times already. I plan on going to the fight wherever it’s held.
    Is there any reason why Vegas would not be good?

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Is there any reason why Vegas would not be good?
    Broner is wanted in Vegas for some dumb stuff he did a couple of months ago. So I don’t think he’ll fight there until everything gets cleared up.

Thanks Mark, looks like Panterita needs to teach him to behave.

MVP

Looks like Omar is in Indio, CA. I wonder if he’s about to start camp.

Hall of Famer

I been checking youtube for any news on Omar or broner, but Nothing at all.

MVP

I been checking youtube for any news on Omar or broner, but Nothing at all.
    People are still talking about it all over Twitter. Nothing official though.

I would really like to see Panterita fight one of the 147 lb. champions.

Thread Information