Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 215 of 227 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4523

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Immortal

It didn't seem like mikey garcia power carried to 140 when he was hitting broner with some massive shots and broner was never really hurt in that fight. That being said broner chin is pretty damn durable. I think omar throws more than broner in that fight but leaves himself open for a garcia counter. All in all its a mexican war as much *** mikey it a technical wizard in the ring, omar tends to get fighters to fight his style of fight and if it were to be held in San Antonio with a largely Hispanic crowd, it would only bring out more machismo and likely to be a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    It didn't seem like mikey garcia power carried to 140 when he was hitting broner with some massive shots and broner was never really hurt in that fight. That being said broner chin is pretty damn durable. I think omar throws more than broner in that fight but leaves himself open for a garcia counter. All in all its a mexican war as much *** mikey it a technical wizard in the ring, omar tends to get fighters to fight his style of fight and if it were to be held in San Antonio with a largely Hispanic crowd, it would only bring out more machismo and likely to be a war.
    Truth, all good points. As much as I like and enjoy watching Omar succeed I still think it would be a bad fight for him. Mikey is a superstar and I just dont see Omar winning. I think it would be a UD for Mikey and Omar has been cut and hurt his hands in the past causing long layoffs. I think Mikey would be better off fighting some of the other beasts at lightweight which is his weight and Omar would have a better chance at welter. Just my opinion and glad I have no say in what either Mikey or Omar decide to do. Wish them both the best.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Truth, all good points. As much as I like and enjoy watching Omar succeed I still think it would be a bad fight for him. Mikey is a superstar and I just dont see Omar winning. I think it would be a UD for Mikey and Omar has been cut and hurt his hands in the past causing long layoffs. I think Mikey would be better off fighting some of the other beasts at lightweight which is his weight and Omar would have a better chance at welter. Just my opinion and glad I have no say in what either Mikey or Omar decide to do. Wish them both the best.
    Its big money fight .....nobody loses. It's a good fight for omar. Even in a loss he wins. He can still fight other top names. If he wins the sky's the limit. Granted he'd be a huge underdog but omar has a tenay of making fighters fight his fight. I'm all for it.

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    On the Mexican channel I heard mention of a Mikey Garcia vs Linares fight. I like Omar our local fighter and I also like Mikey Garcia. Mikey IMO is a superstar already and is going to be very hard to defeat by anyone at 135 or 140. I would like to see Omar fight someone else other then Mikey Garcia. I also think he should stay at 147 and not weaken himself by losing weight trying to make 140.
    Linares is scheduled to fight Mercito Gesta next month so for sure heís not fighting Garcia. I heard an interview last week with Figueroa and he said he accepted the Garcia fight a while back and then Garcia said he was no longer interested. And then the rumors came out about the fight being made already, but Figueroa said that Haymon hasnít told him anything about the fight so he doesnít know if they went back and accepted the offer. I think it may happen because Supreme Boxing is who released the rumor and Garcia is very close to them. Always doing interviews and charity work with them.

MVP

Great article on Figueroa from PBC. Looks like he will be returning next month. http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...-figueroa-jr-0

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Great article on Figueroa from PBC. Looks like he will be returning next month. http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...-figueroa-jr-0
    Great article mark.

Hall of Famer

Good article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Good article

I agree, any time your name is being mentioned as a possible opponent against a pound for pound fighter it's good. There's no such thing as bad publicity. Let's face it whether u like him or hate him omar is one of the most exciting fighters in the game today. His last three victories comING over former ex multiple division champions is why I think he's being considered for the fight. He wants a world title at 140 then jump to 147 where he has mentioned Keith thurman name. Good thing is he is an al haymon guy and who knows what might happen. But when your name is in the news it's a good thing.

Hall of Famer

I agree, any time your name is being mentioned as a possible opponent against a pound for pound fighter it's good. There's no such thing as bad publicity. Let's face it whether u like him or hate him omar is one of the most exciting fighters in the game today. His last three victories comING over former ex multiple division champions is why I think he's being considered for the fight. He wants a world title at 140 then jump to 147 where he has mentioned Keith thurman name. Good thing is he is an al haymon guy and who knows what might happen. But when your name is in the news it's a good thing.
    I love the fan friendly fights, but I feel like if goes over 6 rounds of war with anyone.. he can have hand issues and another year layoff.
    I was actually happy when he ended Guerrero early and without much punishment cause I thought we'd see Omar again in maybe 4 months or so to make up for lost time, keep in mind he said he's finally healthy and has no excuses. Hopefully he does get a fight in Jan, or Feb. 6 month span is average for most fighters, longer than that is where people start to kind of forget about you.

If he's serious about being in shape and finally healthy, then now is the time to get one of these Big name fights. I hope he does it at 140 first, cause the big names at 147 are no joke.

Any word on Brandon?

Hall of Famer

Iím not sure about 140 omar is pretty heavy right now from what I heard

Immortal

Saw him bout 2 weeks ago he doesn't look heavy at all
    Last edited by Truth; 12-09-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Hall of Famer

Well last week he said he would announce, now he says this week for sure he'll announce.
    If he passes on Omar, does anyone know what's out there for Omar, and around when ?

MVP

Looks like Figueroa vs Garcia is off. Omar said that he got off the phone with Haymon and Haymon told him that Mikey turned down the fight. Figueroa is coming back in February is a possible opponent is Broner. We all know Broner doesn't handle pressure fighters that well.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post

Looks like Figueroa vs Garcia is off. Omar said that he got off the phone with Haymon and Haymon told him that Mikey turned down the fight. Figueroa is coming back in February is a possible opponent is Broner. We all know Broner doesn't handle pressure fighters that well.
    Wow..really wished to see omar and mikey. Omar and broner is good as well.

Hall of Famer

Haha man they are full of it

Hall of Famer

Wow..really wished to see omar and mikey. Omar and broner is good as well.
    Well, Broner has asked for that fight, so there's a possibility..

Hall of Famer

A fight card in S.A. and no Figueroa in it? Well, that sucks.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...10-san-antonio

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 09'paw'09 View Post
    A fight card in S.A. and no Figueroa in it? Well, that sucks.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...10-san-antonio

Saw this earlier. I'm pretty sure they'll add him to the card. He's a draw in San Antonio. Maybe the co-main event against Broner.

Hall of Famer

Yea I was thinking he would be a main event out here, but we'll see. It would be cool if they did add him on .. It would draw a lot more fans to the Dome.

Is Broner even available, law wise ? I haven't kept up much with him since Mikey beat him but I've seen YouTube clips mentioning him and court , etc.

Tonight Jesse Vargas fights.. You guys think he's a possibility for Omar one day ?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Thread Information