Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 233 of 241 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4805

Thread: Boxing Scoop

MVP

Omar said he will be fighting late August close to 140. They’ve mentioned a couple of names to him but he can’t say who.

can he still make 140?

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    can he still make 140?
    I don’t think he can but maybe. He was at 146 his last weigh in against Guerrero. I think he would have to drain himself to even get close to 140. There should be an announcement within the next 2-3 weeks
    Last edited by mark_heat3; 07-02-2018 at 12:35 PM.

MVP

Brandon’s fighting August 4th in San Antonio for the WBC Youth Title.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Brandon’s fighting August 4th in San Antonio for the WBC Youth Title.
    Great to here brandon career is moving along nicely

What is a WBC Youth title?

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    What is a WBC Youth title?
    A belt for the younger fighters from the age of 18-24. You must have like at least an 85% win ratio against opponents who have a record of 50% or better.

It's like a belt for younger fighters who wish on becoming a world champion in the future. In my opinion, I think it's a belt that the WBC made just to get more $$$ from the sanctioning fees.

Tks. Mark. I really like Brandon and believe he has a bright future if he does not burn out. I hope he continues working hard and stays focused.

Hall of Famer

Any new announcements for anyone down here?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 09'paw'09 View Post
    Any new announcements for anyone down here?

Haven't heard much. Brandon is still fighting August 4th in San Antonio. Omar is still training. He snapchats his workout almost everyday. Still waiting to finalize his fight date and opponent. Don't know much about Robert, just that he plans on fighting at 154 for now on.

Hall of Famer

Haven't heard much. Brandon is still fighting August 4th in San Antonio. Omar is still training. He snapchats his workout almost everyday. Still waiting to finalize his fight date and opponent. Don't know much about Robert, just that he plans on fighting at 154 for now on.
    ok cool, hope some fights get announced soon.

MVP

I'm hoping Omar fights Broner next. That's what his trainer said a couple of months ago.

Also, I know this probably doesn't mean anything, but Omar posted a picture of a guy who dresses like Broner, bowling and a letter B as the initial of the bowler. With the caption of "Reminds me of that rapper guy...." Which Broner is a rapper and loves bowling. I know it doesn't mean anything, but it's fun to assume.

Hall of Famer

I'm hoping Omar fights Broner next. That's what his trainer said a couple of months ago.

Also, I know this probably doesn't mean anything, but Omar posted a picture of a guy who dresses like Broner, bowling and a letter B as the initial of the bowler. With the caption of "Reminds me of that rapper guy...." Which Broner is a rapper and loves bowling. I know it doesn't mean anything, but it's fun to assume.
    Yea it would be fun.. I jus don't know if Broner even bothers with it again . Well see

Immortal

Any word on brandon opponent?

Immortal

Don't know how true this is as twitter is known for lots of mixed info but maybe a omar John molina in the works? Molina has been calling out omar for quite some time.

Immortal

Anybody going to watch pac mat tonight

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Anybody going to watch pac mat tonight
    I am. I think Pac will win by UD. I’m going for Matthysse though.

Hall of Famer

Pac Man looks alright, I'm sure him and mayweather 2 with end up happening again.. Why not cash out, again. Lol

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Don't know how true this is as twitter is known for lots of mixed info but maybe a omar John molina in the works? Molina has been calling out omar for quite some time.
    I been wanting to see that fight for a few years now, I honestly haven't heard much at all from Molina anymore. How has he been doing lately ? What's the upside to a Molina fight ?..

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 09'paw'09 View Post
    I been wanting to see that fight for a few years now, I honestly haven't heard much at all from Molina anymore. How has he been doing lately ? What's the upside to a Molina fight ?..
    I’ve been wanting to see this fight as well. It would the battle of no defenses. But very entertaining. Molina is training right now. Should be announcing a fight date soon. He was calling out Omar again last week.

I don’t think there’s an upside to fighting Molina. I guess maybe more popularity since we know for sure it’ll be a fight of the year candidate.

Thread Information