Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 231 of 239 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4769

Thread: Boxing Scoop

  1. #4601
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Sometimes you win even if you lose. Amenaza was not properly prepared for this fight. He took a chance and and as a fan I am glad he did. How else would he have gotten to again perform at world class level. I hope that the fight brings him attention for other money fights for which all the odds are not stacked against him.
    Ohh I'm giving him credit for self promoting on line and dk getting him the fight, but u cant call out a fighter and get the fight your pushing for and then say u went ready. Both fighters didn't prepare for the fighter who was put in front of them. I'm happy rob got the opportunity he wanted. Hopefully he gets another fight soon and gets back on track. That being said rob has made a name for himself as a dirty fighter and murray knew that and I'm sure his team told the ref before the fight to watch the dirty tactics. Hopefully other fighters can look past that and give him another shot.

  2. #4602
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    He sparred two times and lost 13 pounds in 14 days. Those are facts. Not excuses truffie

  3. #4603
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Always giving backhanded compliments truffie.6@$ do it so much you don’t even realize it lol

  4. #4604
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    He sparred two times and lost 13 pounds in 14 days. Those are facts. Not excuses truffie
    Bro rob is a great person and a good fighter but I'm simply saying that he was in the gym prepping for a possible ggg fight and he was already at weight, he stays in shape, hes always sparring if an opportunity like this came to pass. He kept himself in shape year round for these types of opportunities. Since he missed out on the ggg fight I'm sure rob kept in the gym just in case another opportunity arrised. If you look for a fight you better be ready to fight and I think rob was....he said so himself

  5. #4605
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Bro rob is a great person and a good fighter but I'm simply saying that he was in the gym prepping for a possible ggg fight and he was already at weight, he stays in shape, hes always sparring if an opportunity like this came to pass. He kept himself in shape year round for these types of opportunities. Since he missed out on the ggg fight I'm sure rob kept in the gym just in case another opportunity arrised. If you look for a fight you better be ready to fight and I think rob was....he said so himself
    He was 170 when he agreed to the fight lmao. He wasn’t on weight. Bro you’re just a hater. Your boy Omar wouldn’t take a fight at 154 on two weeks notice against a 4 time world title challanger who really beat Martinez and Sturm for titles

  6. #4606
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    He was in shape and he had sparring and he had been in shape since the Golovin opportunity. He always keeps himself in shape in case those opportunities arise. Not hating just the TRUTH

  7. #4607
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    According to this vid....robertos crew mentioned that murray was the one who had to kill hI'm self to make weight and mention seeing him a day before the weigh in which is why murray was frustrated and pushed rob during the press conf. If it was rob who struggled to make weight then why come in at the scales at 157? Murray was at 159.5

    Last edited by Truth; 06-24-2018 at 06:17 PM.

  8. #4608
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    No comment huh?.....maybe dwatt can answer it for ya....

  9. #4609
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    No one said Robert struggled to mkd weight you needledickkk mofoooo lol. But you’re dunce asssk doesn’t realize golovkin fight was May 5th this was June 23rd lmao month a half
    Difference

  10. #4610
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    You’re a freakindumbasssss

  11. #4611
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    No one said Robert struggled to mkd weight you needledickkk mofoooo lol. But you’re dunce asssk doesn’t realize golovkin fight was May 5th this was June 23rd lmao month a half
    Difference
    But your bringing up the fact that rob had to lose 13 pounds in 14 days as some sort of crutch on robs performance....if it wasn't then why bring it up?

    Again rob trains year round and is in shape because he has been put in these situations before. He sparred, he was in shape. As far as preperation is concerned for his opponent, it works both ways. Murray was training and sparring people who move and use the ring not to mention southpaws.

    Last but not least you fail to mention the fact that rob came in at 157 when he could of come in 159 or so....while robs guy in the video said that it was saunders who struggled to make weight and is why he pushed rob out of frustration in the weigh in. Shouldn't those things of hindered murray as well?

    Rob did what he had to do bUT it wasn't enough and murray won the match. Still proud of robs guts and will to win.

  12. #4612

    Default

    Truth you have to admit that Murray was better prepared. He was in training for a title fight before Rob even got his call. Sure Rob was calling out GGG and others but I realistically speaking how can you be giving your all in training when you don't have a fight lined up. It came through for him and he took it. The Jet Lag is something to be considered. No full preparation such as at least four weeks. Lack of sparring, facing a hometown crowd and hardly enough time to get used to the local envirnment for such a big fight. Rob would have probably had to win pretty convincingly by decision or get a KO to win. He found out that he could go twelve with a top middle weight although I belleve Rob is a 154 pounder and even though not fully trained go twelve tough rounds. His confidence should be up not down. I hope he gets some offers against the top contenders and makes some money.

  13. #4613
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    You’re a freakindumbasssss
    I think u need to take your midol and cry on someone's shoulder.....let it out bro, rob will be back.

  14. #4614
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Truth you have to admit that Murray was better prepared. He was in training for a title fight before Rob even got his call. Sure Rob was calling out GGG and others but I realistically speaking how can you be giving your all in training when you don't have a fight lined up. It came through for him and he took it. The Jet Lag is something to be considered. No full preparation such as at least four weeks. Lack of sparring, facing a hometown crowd and hardly enough time to get used to the local envirnment for such a big fight. Rob would have probably had to win pretty convincingly by decision or get a KO to win. He found out that he could go twelve with a top middle weight although I belleve Rob is a 154 pounder and even though not fully trained go twelve tough rounds. His confidence should be up not down. I hope he gets some offers against the top contenders and makes some money.
    I here what you guys are saying but if that was the case and you knew all these things might affect you why call out a fighter who was better prepared to lose your title too? If you call out a fighter you should be confident and prepared seeing as your the one initiating wanting a bout with this fighter. In the video I posted rob states everything I've mentioned....how he was in shape, how he had sparred and how he keeps in shape year round for thisee opportunities. That being said robs corner man stated murray was the one who had to go the extra mile to lose the weight.
    Last edited by Truth; 06-24-2018 at 08:49 PM.

  15. #4615
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Truth you have to admit that Murray was better prepared. He was in training for a title fight before Rob even got his call. Sure Rob was calling out GGG and others but I realistically speaking how can you be giving your all in training when you don't have a fight lined up. It came through for him and he took it. The Jet Lag is something to be considered. No full preparation such as at least four weeks. Lack of sparring, facing a hometown crowd and hardly enough time to get used to the local envirnment for such a big fight. Rob would have probably had to win pretty convincingly by decision or get a KO to win. He found out that he could go twelve with a top middle weight although I belleve Rob is a 154 pounder and even though not fully trained go twelve tough rounds. His confidence should be up not down. I hope he gets some offers against the top contenders and makes some money.
    Exactly you know it wasn’t an easy task taking on a fighter of Martin Murray’s caliber on short notice. Truth is a mongo lol

  16. #4616
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Rob had to take the fight or risk getting stripped. He showed he isn’t afraid of fighting bigger guys in their back yard. He got to London Monday. Was in London 5 days before the fight. Most people get to the UK with 2 weeks to go to get acclimated. Truth is mongoloid lmao

  17. #4617
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Sounds like truffie is Omar’s Dad with all the hate lmao bcuz he’s the only hater that’s that stupid.

  18. #4618
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,704

    Default

    Hahaha.....

  19. #4619
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Lmfao Che truffie. Todopendejoelwey

  20. #4620

    Default

    In boxing just like in any other sport competitors look for an advantage! How many times have fights been on the verge of falling through because someone gets injured or sick. Promoters scramble to find a replacement and you hear the replacement took the fight on one or two weeks notice and traveled a long distance. Huge advantage for the scheduled fighter. The replacement takes the fight maybe for a payday or takes a gamble to maybe win and increase his status. Personally I am glad that Rob took the gamble. He lost the decision but maybe his return to top competition may work out for him for bigger fights.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •