Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211
Results 4,201 to 4,205 of 4205

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer

Rob takes it! By UD.

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

Immortal

Yo big props to rob on a good win. For his age to still be going strong into the later rounds was great to see. His body work in the early rounds payed dividends later in the fight. Rob is usully a head hunter, earlier in his career he would attack the body and he went back to the basics. Think the chavez family bit off more than it could chew. Rob was mixing his combinations upstairs and downstairs and totally outclassed chavez. Rob won the wbc welterweight silver belt which sometimes is considered for manda tory championship fights. Rob is undefeated since the marg fight and I'm proud the way he fought and big props on his win and weslaco and the valley get another big win. Good job amenaza.

Glad to see Rob win in spite of all the complaining by Omar Chavez who outdid his complaining brother Julio. Rob had to fight the constant interference of the referee prompted by Chavez complaining. Even the pro-Chavez commentators said that Omar was ahead on the scorecards in round four. The deck was clearly stacked against Rob and he prevailed. I think Rob could have knocked him out if he would have thrown some uppercuts down the middle when Omar was leaning down. Rob kept pushing him away to get distance which I am sure took a lot of energy. Omar looked much bigger then Rob so I am sure he had a large weight advantage at fight time. Overall I think Rob did well. Omar had nothing and looked tired from round one. I think Rob won all ten rounds. He should go for a title shot if he can get it instead of fighting Margarito.

Hall of Famer

Amenaza time!!!!!

What a great fight by Rob! If the fight would've been at 154 Chavez would've been stopped. He's a big guy and struggles to make weight. Rob weighed in at 153.2 & Chavez at 156.5. Id say Chavez out weighed Rob by at least 10-15 yesterday.

No one thought rob would be back in this position so I'm extremely proud of him. Let's see what lines up next!

Thread Information