Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4187

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Omar "Panterita" Figueroa fighting Saturday July 15th against Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero. Should be a good fight. Will be interesting to see how much The Ghost has left and just where Omar is in his career coming off a long lay off.

Don't know if this right thread but watching mayweather and mcgregor hyping the fight is funny.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Omar "Panterita" Figueroa fighting Saturday July 15th against Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero. Should be a good fight. Will be interesting to see how much The Ghost has left and just where Omar is in his career coming off a long lay off.
    Yeah should be a good entertaining fight. I wonder what's next for Figueroa if he wins. He wants to move down to 140 but we'll see. Joel Diaz said that after the fight Omar wants to visit Spain then return to California and buy a house and continue to train. Saw some pictures from the press conference today and Omar's weight looks good.

Immortal

If he looks impressive at 147, no reason he should move down. Again even if he loses as long as he makes it close he should get a big fight at 140, if he wins then he will possibly get another pbc fight against a 147 champ or Adrian bronet regardless if btoner wins or loses

I like both Panterita and The Ghost but hope that our local fighter wins. I think the fight will be competitive and see the Ghost tiring toward the end of the fight. I like Omar's stamina and hope that pulls the fight in his favor. Omar is not that small a guy and I think he should stay at 147 and stop killing himself to make 140. Wish him well!

All Star

Looks like Brandon Figueroa will have a big match too. Facing Eliezer Aquino who is 19-2 with 13 KO’s.

All Star

Omar Chavez vs Robert Garcia August 12 in Monterrey http://www.boxingscene.com/omar-chav...terrey--118493

Omar Chavez vs Robert Garcia. Believe it when I see it. If the fight happens Garcia should win.

All Star

Omar Figueroa 146.4 Robert Guerrero 146.6

Immortal

Getting our bbq pit ready at my homeboys, getting ready for the fight. Should be action packed. Big test for omar, in the fact that he's coming off a huge layoff, fighting for the first time officially at 147, and facing abother former two division champion who is fighting to keep his career alive. Regardless of a win or loss by omar he has given us exciting fights and tonight should be no different. I'm hoping omar can fight a complete fight and win by decision or hopefully ko. Should be another omar figueroa textbook phone booth battle. Good luck to figueroa and hopefully again win or lose he can come out injury free.

Heisman Winner

Saw the younger kid fight last night, very good boxing from him, looks like he's on the road to greatness. Miss the big brother's fight.

Heisman Winner

And thanks for putting Weslaco, the Valley and 'us' on the big map.

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    And thanks for putting Weslaco, the Valley and 'us' on the big map.

El Valle is going to be the next big thing, NOT! Haha!

Did anybody see Panterita totally dominate Robert Guerrero. I never imagined that he would stop him. Panterita looked very impressive at 147. He said that he wants to go down to 140 but he looked good at 147 and seemed to be very strong. He earned a lot of respect and I see more money fights in his future. I would like to see him again soon. His brother Brandon also looked quite impressive although he faced a last minute substitute who had many more fights then Brandon. It was a good night for the Figueroa brothers.

Immortal

Great win for omar this past weekend. He had to turn into into a phone booth fight and he did. Was a little worried after the first round as it looked like guerrero was going to be able to outbox omar....but as Danny g said he usually starts slow before turning it on. This is what omar can do if he is healthy and committed to the sport. His power really carried to 147 and with his hands fully healed he realed off some vicious power shots and did what no one else has been able to do and stop the ghost. He was rocking guerrero head back but while he was getting hit a bit he did have some good defense and was slipping and doing against the ropes. Didn't like the fact that he would put his right hand behind his back several times to wind up his power shots, left him open a couple of times but I wasn't in the ring and I think by that time omar had felt guerrero power and knew he could handle it. With this win being at 147 Omar's options are big. I know he said he wants to drop to 140, but I think that's a ploy to get a bigger paycheck at 147. He said if the money is right he will fight at 147. Was surprised to see he only made 250000 for this fight but he took a chance coming off a layoff to fight a big name for rewards in the future. Great job by both brothers as they got to showcase what they could do on Fox and fs1 for brandon.

Hall of Famer

good win for omar and great news that guerrero is retiring. this was the end of the line for him and to be fair he hasnt be his best for a few years now. Coming off a loss to a former cab driver and getting a gift vs a fighter with only 4 kos the writing was on the wall for Guerrero. I think omar should go down to 140 as the guys at 147 are too big for him. Unless he fights DSG who isnt all that big of a welter

All Star

Would love to see Adrian Granados vs Omar Figueroa at 140. Granados put up a fight with Broner and took a controversial loss.

Immortal

I honestly think they are setting up omar for the winner of broner garcia, but granados would be a great fan friendly fight.

After seeing him Saturday I would like for him to stay at 147. Panterita seemed to handle the weight well and apparantly was comfortable. Making 140 in the past seemed to be difficult for him. 147 would be a lot easier for him to make. I would like to see him against one of the top welters Danny Garcia, Porter, Brook, Bradley, maybe even Spence or Horn. If he can continue punching the way he hit The Ghost he will be hard to handle.

Immortal

I saw a video on youtube where they mentioned Brandon Rios might be next for Panterita.

Thread Information