Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 227 of 240 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4792

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Hall of Famer

did omar retire ? Or is he taking another break ? Or is there just nothing on him for now ?

Immortal

He's dissapeared off the map as he's done before. I'm sure he'll be back,but when is anybody guess.

Since the ggg fight fell through for rob I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to start campaigning for the rob canelo.

Disappointed that Vanes would get GGG, guess Abel is really cherry picking. Vanes does not have a chance. Would have preferred to see Amenaza give his best against GGG.

MVP

Anyone excited for Saturday's fights? Should be a fun card. Still wish Omar was fighting Broner. Would have loved to see what jokes Broner would have told Omar. Especially during the press conference.

They asked Broner if he's fighting at 140 or 147 next fight, he said he can fluctuate weight and that he still wants to fight Hoe-mar Bit-charoa.

Whats up with Omar. All this yes, no maybe so is getting old. Beginning to feel he retired.

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Whats up with Omar. All this yes, no maybe so is getting old. Beginning to feel he retired.
    Have no idea to be honest. I know he's on a plant based diet and he's been running lately. But that doesn't mean anything.

Mark, I really like the kid, but feel disappointed. Seems like he shows no interest or motivation. I know that I am not his only fan here in the RGV. Wish he would make some kind of statement, Has he just quit or not? If he aspires to be World Champion he needs to show some fire. By the way Broner against Jesse Vargas tonight.

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Mark, I really like the kid, but feel disappointed. Seems like he shows no interest or motivation. I know that I am not his only fan here in the RGV. Wish he would make some kind of statement, Has he just quit or not? If he aspires to be World Champion he needs to show some fire. By the way Broner against Jesse Vargas tonight.
    I feel the same exact way. That's been one his problems for a while already, not being interested in the sport. I don't think he's quit or retired yet, i'll see if I can get some kind of response from him.

Should be a good card overall. I got Davis beating Cuellar, Charlo beating Centeno, and i'm not sure about the main event. But I do want Broner to win. Centeno is the fighter that PBC offered Robert but Robert didn't take it due to $$$.

Immortal

Great card by pbc....one has to wonder how omar would of done against ab. I think vargas sustained attacks should of got him the w but bronzer landed the more meaningful shots. What is your all opinion on the fight.

As far as omar is concerned he's is a fighter who gets hit alot so if that's the case probably having time off makes him a better fighter in the long run. I mean have u guys seen bam bam Rios and the way he slurs his speech. Omar is not going to be a 3 or maybe not even a two fight a year fighter and I suspect he will be a 1 year fight at a time fighter. Is that good for the fan base.....no. but health wise it's the best thing for him based on his style of fighting. Was it his shoulder or I'm not even sure what the verdict was on his trial was but hopefully we see omar back in the ring soon.

Saw the fights last night and was disappointed with light punching Vargas who ran out of gas. What made him think he could stop Broner when Mikey could not. I thinK Omar would have stopped either of them last night. what happened to Vargas corner who are supposed to advise him? And the officials as usual take the easy way out and call it a draw. Centeno against Charlo was a total disappointment.

MVP

All 3 fights were entertaining. It was a great card. A lot of people are saying that Omar would have stopped both Vargas and Broner. I called it a draw before they announced the draw. Vargas was winning decisively until he slowed down.

Never thought Vargas was that good but was hoping he would pull it out. He was not relaxed, did not keep the fight at the end of his jab, fought Broners fight, knowing Broner was stronger and worst of all ran out of gas and faded. Vargas was lucky to get a draw and imo Broner benefitted more from this fight than Vargas. Hope Panterita or Amenaza come back soon.

Immortal

Vargas was a two division champ. It was a good fight. No word on oMar or rob, but defiantly liked rob trying to goad the fight. He needs to continue putting his name out there and call out those big fights. The ggg fight fell through but there are plenty of other high profile fighters that he has to get under there skin and call out. Any word on brandon?

MVP

Anyone watching GGG-Martirosyan tomorrow night?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Anyone watching GGG-Martirosyan tomorrow night?
    I will be watching, especially that upcoming prospect of Ryan Garcia, plus it's free.

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    I will be watching, especially that upcoming prospect of Ryan Garcia, plus it's free.
    Ryan Garcia fought last night on ESPN. It was a good fight. Ryan finally fought a quality opponent that’s never been stopped. Went all 10 rounds. Ryan Garcia needs a lot of work in my opinion.

MVP

There's some great boxing coming up today and tomorrow. Today, top prospect, Devin Haney (18-0) fights on Showtime for the first time against Mason Menard (33-2). Should be a true test for him.

Then tomorrow, Linares vs Lomachenko on ESPN. Linares is not push over so it should be a good fight. This is the first time Lomachenko will be fighting at 135.

Thank you Mark!

Immortal

Loma linares should be a boxing purists dream. Both technical fighters who will be playing boxing chess at the highest level. The only thing in question is linares chin. Just hope both will be willing to pull the trigger and not wait on the opponent to make the first move.

Excellent fight between Loma and Linares. Loma just too fast, too skillful, and too good. To me he looked smaller then Linares. I think that Loma would probably outpoint Mikey Garcia. I was very impressed with Jaime Munguia. Had seen him fight several times on the spanish channel but did not know he was a contender or that he was considered as an opponent for GGG. He totally dominated Sadam Ali in stopping him and taking his title.

Thread Information