Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 239 of 240 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240 LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 4783

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Any predictions for tomorrow's fight? I think Canelo wins by SD. I'm hoping GGG knocks him out though.

Weigh-in is today at 3:00pm, live on Golden Boys Facebook.
    Canelo was trying to act soooo hard at the weigh in lol. GGG by decision he is extremely pissed about how the last fight went, and with the all the PED stuff with Canelo.

Immortal

You mayweather just announced he's coming back this year to give pacquiao a rematch.....I think that's awesome

Immortal

Even though the first fight didn't live up to the hype, I'm still going to be very intrigued when possibly the two best fighters of the era get into the ring again

Immortal

MVP

Great fight last night. I think GGG should’ve got the win but I would’ve been fine with a draw.

Next big fight is Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin. This Saturday.

Hall of Famer

Great fight last night. I think GGG should’ve got the win but I would’ve been fine with a draw.

Next big fight is Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin. This Saturday.
    115-113 Canelo or a draw. No way GGG won 7 rounds. No way in hell. All he did was jab for 9/12 rounds

Hall of Famer

“I will be at 100% for this next fight no matter if it’s against Omar Figueroa or Amir Khan or anybody else who wanna fight me on Shotwime. I’m sorry [Stephen] Espinoza, I know you and Al [Haymon] had real good plans for me, but I promise you them plans are still available and I will show that in this next fight, so let’s get this money and run the numbers up.”

http://www.fightsports.tv/broner-loo...-back-in-2018/

I wanna say, the Khan fight won't get made, I just don't see why Khan would entertain that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    115-113 Canelo or a draw. No way GGG won 7 rounds. No way in hell. All he did was jab for 9/12 rounds
    Even the Mexican channel commentators who are very pro Mexican fighters had GGG 116-112 for GGG. Nothing wrong with a fighter using his jab. No way GGG was going to get a decision although it has been said that you have to beat a Champion to take his belts, Now we have a third fight on the horizon. IMO GGG won both fights.

Platinum

Great fight Saturday night! GGG had that jab going all night long and that is why he probably had the stats he had. Canelo brought the fight to the fighter that is all! He did what Sanchez wanted to, and it worked in Canelos favor. Something we need to realize is that when back peddling the punches (jabs) are not as effective as when your moving forward, physics. Canelo threw around 32 punches less throughout the fight, but his punches were more effective moving forward most of the fight. Hence, look at the after math. Who had the worst face after the fight? No one had done to GGG what Canelo did, not even Jacobs who was a bigger guy then GGG on fight night. By the way, GGG lost that fight and they gave it to him...Saturday night was a war between two warriors, the better one just edge the other by one round. BTW, GGG won the first one, so in my eyes it's 1-1.
    Also, switch the roles from the first fight. GGG was the aggressor and backed canelo up almost the entire fight, yet his punches didn't have the same effect as canelos on Saturday. Vice versa, canelos punches didn't have the same effect from first fight compare to Saturday. What was the difference???

MVP

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury set for December 1st. Possibly at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    Great fight Saturday night! GGG had that jab going all night long and that is why he probably had the stats he had. Canelo brought the fight to the fighter that is all! He did what Sanchez wanted to, and it worked in Canelos favor. Something we need to realize is that when back peddling the punches (jabs) are not as effective as when your moving forward, physics. Canelo threw around 32 punches less throughout the fight, but his punches were more effective moving forward most of the fight. Hence, look at the after math. Who had the worst face after the fight? No one had done to GGG what Canelo did, not even Jacobs who was a bigger guy then GGG on fight night. By the way, GGG lost that fight and they gave it to him...Saturday night was a war between two warriors, the better one just edge the other by one round. BTW, GGG won the first one, so in my eyes it's 1-1.
    Also, switch the roles from the first fight. GGG was the aggressor and backed canelo up almost the entire fight, yet his punches didn't have the same effect as canelos on Saturday. Vice versa, canelos punches didn't have the same effect from first fight compare to Saturday. What was the difference???
    My money was on Canelo on the 1st fight but I was disappointed and thought GGG should of gotten the win. This fight Canelo just kept pressing and backing up GGG...Canelo took this one.

MVP

Omar Figueroa is back in California with Joel Diaz, training and sparring.

Adrien Broner also started camp today too.

Maybe the rumor of them fighting is true. We'll find out soon.

MVP

There's a chance that Brandon's fight on Sunday will be moved to the main event if PBC can't find an opponent for John Molina.

Victor Ortiz was pulled from the fight after he was charged with sexual assault and forcible rape charges.

Hall of Famer

Let victor fight man cmon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVP

Did you guys hear about HBO dropping boxing? Where do you think Canelo goes next? ESPN? DAZN with Eddie Hearn? Showtime?

Immortal

They didn't have any huge name talent to bring in viewers to watch....and the commentating while informative isn't at its top notch a's it once was. Showtime has most of the big names.

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    They didn't have any huge name talent to bring in viewers to watch....and the commentating while informative isn't at its top notch a's it once was. Showtime has most of the big names.
    They had Canelo and GGG, 2 of the biggest names in boxing. I think they pulled out because they didn’t want to pay Canelo big money because that was his last contracted fight with HBO.

Immortal

They had Canelo and GGG, 2 of the biggest names in boxing. I think they pulled out because they didn’t want to pay Canelo big money because that was his last contracted fight with HBO.
    You can't live of one big boxing event per year. I mean look at the cards they had this year, how many of them can u remember. Showtime came out early in the year and had an event for its match ups . They just evolved while HBO devolved.

MVP

Great fight by Brandon Figueroa. Knocked out Escandon in the final round with an uppercut.

Brandon looked good and strong against a tough opponent. Got cut, takes too many punches. IMO he should use his height and reach against shorter opponents instead of fighting their fight on the inside. He would not get as beat up and his career would as a boxer would be longer.

Thread Information