Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 211 of 212 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4232

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer

Rob takes it! By UD.

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

Immortal

Yo big props to rob on a good win. For his age to still be going strong into the later rounds was great to see. His body work in the early rounds payed dividends later in the fight. Rob is usully a head hunter, earlier in his career he would attack the body and he went back to the basics. Think the chavez family bit off more than it could chew. Rob was mixing his combinations upstairs and downstairs and totally outclassed chavez. Rob won the wbc welterweight silver belt which sometimes is considered for manda tory championship fights. Rob is undefeated since the marg fight and I'm proud the way he fought and big props on his win and weslaco and the valley get another big win. Good job amenaza.

Glad to see Rob win in spite of all the complaining by Omar Chavez who outdid his complaining brother Julio. Rob had to fight the constant interference of the referee prompted by Chavez complaining. Even the pro-Chavez commentators said that Omar was ahead on the scorecards in round four. The deck was clearly stacked against Rob and he prevailed. I think Rob could have knocked him out if he would have thrown some uppercuts down the middle when Omar was leaning down. Rob kept pushing him away to get distance which I am sure took a lot of energy. Omar looked much bigger then Rob so I am sure he had a large weight advantage at fight time. Overall I think Rob did well. Omar had nothing and looked tired from round one. I think Rob won all ten rounds. He should go for a title shot if he can get it instead of fighting Margarito.

Hall of Famer

Amenaza time!!!!!

What a great fight by Rob! If the fight would've been at 154 Chavez would've been stopped. He's a big guy and struggles to make weight. Rob weighed in at 153.2 & Chavez at 156.5. Id say Chavez out weighed Rob by at least 10-15 yesterday.

No one thought rob would be back in this position so I'm extremely proud of him. Let's see what lines up next!

All Star

Anyone looking forward to the fight this Saturday? I got Mayweather by UD.

Immortal

Mayweather by ko

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Mayweather by ko
    Considering Mayweather's defensive strategy of "running around the ring", his lack of punching power, and the fact that he hasn't KO an opponent in awhile...he wins by KO?

Immortal

Conor is 0-0 in boxing, mayweather is 49-0 and beaten every champion he's defeated every boxing champ he's faced. Conor boxing strikes and success are set up by leg kicks and other x factors in ufc which open up those strikes. Stand up only hands...mayweather been doing it his whole life.

Conor is 0-0 in boxing, mayweather is 49-0 and beaten every champion he's defeated every boxing champ he's faced. Conor boxing strikes and success are set up by leg kicks and other x factors in ufc which open up those strikes. Stand up only hands...mayweather been doing it his whole life.
    So in other words, Conor's lack of boxing experience simply results in him being knocked out?

Hall of Famer

Rematch for Robert?

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    So in other words, Conor's lack of boxing experience simply results in him being knocked out?
    I think conor will be in the best shape of his life, but even in the octagon they don't go 12 rounds. I think mcgregor will eventually tire out and accumulation of mayweather shots wills be too much for mcgregor add to that the 8 oz gloves. I think mayweather gets him out in the 8-12 round. Again that's just my opinion. Another way this fight can go is to a chourus of boos, seeing as both fighters are counter punchers and there might be no action as they will both wait till the othe throws a punch. The clips of mcgregor schooling malinagi were taken way out of what is the truth, which is conor (in those couple of clips) looked good against a fighter who had been out of boxing for a while and was not in the best shape possible. To be honest I think mayweather wins and then with all the controversy between conor and malinagi conor gets a fight with malinagi next to continue his boxing career to settle that score wl once and for all. Good point as far as mayweather punching power is concerned but I think the 8 oz gloves help him in that department.

Good synopsis and points to consider.

Immortal

In the end its boxing...mcgregor has a punchers chance but so did all other of mayweather 49 opponents which included multiple boxing champions. I heard someone put it like this, it's like a champion in ping pong playing a champion of tennis in a tennis court. While mcgregor owns the octagon mayweather owns the ring. Again any fighter has a punchers chance.

Largely boring, but it had its moments. Funny watching Connor trying to go MMA on Mayweather.

One moment I thought he was going take Mayweather down.

Ultimately, not bad for almost going the distance.
    Last edited by cardinal85; 08-26-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Immortal

Largely boring, but it had its moments. Funny watching Connor trying to go MMA on Mayweather.

One moment I thought he was going take Mayweather down.

Ultimately, not bad for MMA going almost the distance.
    He played into mayweather gameplan....knowing he's not used to going 12 rounds, he let mcgregor have his moments early and tire out before he could finish him. Wished the ref wouldn't of stoit mcgregor was on his way down

He played into mayweather gameplan....knowing he's not used to going 12 rounds, he let mcgregor have his moments early and tire out before he could finish him. Wished the ref wouldn't of stoit mcgregor was on his way down
    And you would think CM's game plan would be NOT to do that. A lot of people are saying it was scripted, who knows? Both guys wallets won for sure though.

Immortal

And you would think CM's game plan would be NOT to do that. A lot of people are saying it was scripted, who knows? Both guys wallets won for sure though.
    Not sure if it was scripted, it really played out the way most thought it would but definatly both fighters win at the end of the day.

All Star

I didn’t think the fight was being at all. I was impatient waiting for Mayweather to turn it up and he finally did during the later rounds. I wanted to see McGregor on the canvas but it didn’t happen. Both guys made so much money last night.

I guess scripted means it was not a fight. Did not see McGregor throw one punch with bad intentions. Did he really think he could outbox him.

Thread Information