Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 207 of 212 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4232

Thread: Boxing Scoop

I like both GGG and Canelo. I will go with triple G on this one because he is the bigger man, has fought bigger men and seems to have more of a killer instinct then Canelo. I believe triple G will go after Canelo and exchange with him. I also believe that Triple G hits harder then Canelo. I dont think Canelo can outbox Triple G and certainly don't think he can knock him out where I think Triple G can. Could be wrong just my opinion.

Platinum

all good points, i like canelo but like you have the same opinions...

All Star

Everytime I see Canelo fight, I feel like he can't be beat. But then there's GGG who is a fighter with a lot of power and who can take a punch. I don't know who is going to win but it's going to be a good fight.

All Star

Robert Guerrero vs Omar Figueroa July 15 in Long Island, NY on Fox. Thoughts?

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Robert Guerrero vs Omar Figueroa July 15 in Long Island, NY on Fox. Thoughts?
    Damn that sounds like a really good fight for omar.

Omar just can't win. The Ghost has fought the best and his best fights are behind him. If Panterita wins he beat a shot fighter. If Panterita loses he never could fight anyway and has no defense. Since The Ghost has become a slugger I believe Panterita will be able to out hustle The Ghost. Another factor is Panterita's long layoff. He better be in tip top shape and hope Robert wears down.

Immortal

Well diaz had said omar would eventually make welterweight and officially he will be fighting at welter. I think this is another great fight that omar team has put together. This will be his third ex champion and his second multiple division ex champion opponent he will face in a row. Most fighters would of taken a tune up but this is a good fight if you win your fighting for a world title if u lose u cold look at the layoff being a factor as another opportunity to get another shot. It should be the final stepping stone to fight for a world title fight on next go around.
    Last edited by Truth; 05-24-2017 at 10:35 PM.

All Star

What happened to all the comments? lol

Immortal

damn russians

Immortal

I got spence tonight by decision.

Immortal

It looks like wesloco went overboard on his comments again.

This is probably the best match up of the year aside from ggg canelo and Im happy it's going to be across the pond just from a fan base perspective, the arena is going to be packed and loud. Not to take anything away from Kell brook who has proven to be a good champion and has earned the respect of the boxing world but spence is the next big thing and this fight being in a hostile environment will be the test if he's willing to take the reigns of pound for pound and the next big thing to the next level.

Both are great counterpunchers and both have shown there skills in the ring. Brook coming off being stopped vs. GGG and coming down in weight to defend his title is where the question mark will be. We saw brook take Golovin punches a little too well for most of the fight, one has to wonder if there's any lingering effects from that beating which he faired pretty well against. Spence said he is going to ko Kell brook and it is going to be a great chess match in the ring and great for the sport of boxing. Got's my meats marinading for later to turn on the pit and enjoy what should be a classic.
    Last edited by Truth; 05-27-2017 at 10:07 AM.

All Star

What a good fight. Brook had the beginning rounds. After a while Brook got tired after a while and that's when Spence took advantage. I would love to see Spence-Thurman next. Or even Danny Garcia.

Immortal

What a good fight. Brook had the beginning rounds. After a while Brook got tired after a while and that's when Spence took advantage. I would love to see Spence-Thurman next. Or even Danny Garcia.
    The two best boxing fights of the year in my opinion is aj vs. Klitsch. And spence vs. Brooks.....both outside the us. Eddie hear has done a terrific job as a promoter and put together some really good fight.

Loved the way spence stayed with the jab through out the night but especially the first two rounds, especially while Kell is throwing power. The jab was what propellet spence to victory as it eventually took its toll on brooks eyes. In the later rounds where the eye bothered brook. Brook showed he is a true champion and fought like a champion in losing his belt. I don't care if he kneeled he went out on his shield and sheffield should be proud.

Keith Thurman is the best at welter IMO. I would like to see Spence give Danny Garcia a shot before he goes after Thurman.

All Star

Anyone see Brandon Rios fight on Sunday? Would love to see him fight the winner of Figueroa vs Guerrero

Looked pretty good although the Mexican fighter took way too many punches. Brandon using the jab more helped him a lot and did not take as many punches as when he just bores in and slugs. He needs to box a lot more, throw combinations and then move to avoid taking punishment. Brandon is always exciting to watch and was glad to see him back. I hope that he dedicates himself and stays in shape for future fights. He can give anyone a hard and competitive fight.

All Star

So Mayweather vs McGregor was announced today. I'm looking forward to this fight. We all know who is gonig to win. You can say that this is a stupid fight but you're still probably going to watch.

So Mayweather vs McGregor was announced today. I'm looking forward to this fight. We all know who is gonig to win. You can say that this is a stupid fight but you're still probably going to watch.
    yea i'll watch, but i ain't going to pay for it

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bum View Post
    yea i'll watch, but i ain't going to pay for it
    Same here lol

Ward vs Kovalev rematch is tonight! Kovalev I thought was robbed in the first fight. Should be a great fight

Thread Information