Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 245 of 245 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245
Results 4,881 to 4,892 of 4892

Thread: Boxing Scoop

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    Fight moved to 145lbs.
    Yup. Was moved to 145 earlier this week as I predicted.

Should be a good entertaining fight.

Hall of Famer

Im guessing, cause of Omar?
    I just saw Omar saying he was easily going to be 140, comfortable..
    And Molina said he's been at weight for a few days, so what happened now?

Immortal

This will be omars last attempt at 140. He'll be fighting at 147 regardless of tmorrow

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    This will be omars last attempt at 140. He'll be fighting at 147 regardless of tmorrow
    I wonder what he's gonna say.. Something along the lines of... He could of easily made the weight, there was no issues at all, they just decided to change the weight for whos knows what reason. I just find it weird how in all the videos he's clearly correcting the media saying this is 140, im 140, easy.. I'm disciplined, I want to be here at 140.. then boom, 145. Lol. I don't think Molina cared for 145.

Immortal

I'm curious myself. He was going to get paid 200000+ for this fight and I'm assuming he will have to pay John a piece of that pie. He's become the butt of the joke when it comes to weight, he's going to have to make a hell of a statement tomorrow to turn this negative news into a positive. And even that, even a win and if he were to get another big fight unless it's at 147 how can his opponent have faith that he will be at weight? Mikey Garcia turned down the Figueroa fight because he felt omar wouldn't make weight and he was right to go the rout he went. Again omar has a shot tomorrow that could put the weight issue in the back of people's minds and over shadowed by a good knock out....but he's shot himself in the foot

MVP

Omar is getting paid 225k for tomorrow’s fight, minus what he’s giving Molina. And Molina is making 200k plus what he gets from Omar.

Hall of Famer

I'm curious myself. He was going to get paid 200000+ for this fight and I'm assuming he will have to pay John a piece of that pie. He's become the butt of the joke when it comes to weight, he's going to have to make a hell of a statement tomorrow to turn this negative news into a positive. And even that, even a win and if he were to get another big fight unless it's at 147 how can his opponent have faith that he will be at weight? Mikey Garcia turned down the Figueroa fight because he felt omar wouldn't make weight and he was right to go the rout he went. Again omar has a shot tomorrow that could put the weight issue in the back of people's minds and over shadowed by a good knock out....but he's shot himself in the foot
    I told everyone I felt the same way you do... I honestly believe Mikey said hell no, it's not worth the risk of wasting a training camp on someone who isn't going to be serious about it.. He's wasted a lot of time with his court issues, the last thing he would need is another foreseen holdup. I still think Omar has to be at 147 , but he says he'll go when he's ready to, because 140 is where he's at. So , we'll see.

What if Omar does get a Ko? Will the weight issue come into question? It kind of sucks that it can become more of a discussion that the fight itself.

MVP

6AD47954-FA5B-4578-A030-862FF4F50344.jpg

Spence vs Garcia press conference.

MVP

Omar wins by UD. I agree with the decision.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Omar wins by UD. I agree with the decision.
    It was a lot closer than those scores

Immortal

I agree with the decision but it looks like omar hurt his hands again according to some reports so we probably won't see him again until next year. I think omar fight's gets his payday and then takes the year off and once money starts getting a little scarce he fights again.

Hall of Famer

I agree with the decision but it looks like omar hurt his hands again according to some reports so we probably won't see him again until next year. I think omar fight's gets his payday and then takes the year off and once money starts getting a little scarce he fights again.
    I agree. I said it. If it doesn't end in 4 or 5, were probably not gonna see him again for a year

By the way.. this was the worst commentary ever

Thread Information