Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 208 of 212 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 4232

Thread: Boxing Scoop

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by bwgonzales View Post
    Ward vs Kovalev rematch is tonight! Kovalev I thought was robbed in the first fight. Should be a great fight
    Another controversial ending. No need for a rematch though.

Immortal

What a great year of boxing. Hopefully it continues. Mikey Garcia vs. Broner is yet another great match up in this banner year.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    What a great year of boxing. Hopefully it continues. Mikey Garcia vs. Broner is yet another great match up in this banner year.
    I agree! Who do you got winning?
    I want both to win but i'm leaning towards Garcia. I saw him knockout Zlaticanin in Vegas.

Immortal

Broner weakness seems to be hard come forward punchers. Garcia punches are pinpoint...he is coming up in weight but I think he'll carry his power over. I think Garcia gets the win

Any updates on Panterita training camp. La Amenaza future bouts.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Any updates on Panterita training camp. La Amenaza future bouts.
    No updates on Panterita training camp. He was on PBC's Snapchat the other day and his weight looked good.

Saw the Ward Kovalev fight on HBO last night. To me it looked like Kovalev was ahead on the score cards and Ward hit him below the belt several times. IMO Ward should have been disqualified not declared the winner. The commentators kept saying they were borderline low although they looked well below the belt to me. Opposing views?

Tks Mark, Looks like Panterita and Brandon are working hard. I believe that training in California will be good for both of them.

All Star

Anyone going to watch Pacquiao vs Horn on ESPN? Card starts around 8:00pm with the main event starting around 10:30. Michael Conlan (famous Olympian who flicked off the judges) also fights tonight.

Immortal

Let's face it pacquiao isn't pacquiao any more but even an old pac man still won that fight. 117-111 give me a break

Saw the fight and dont agree with Teddy Atlas. Horn IMO won the fight. He was the aggressor with the exception of round nine and I think he out hustled the PacMan. I dont know if the PacMan got old all of a sudden or took Horn lightly and did not prepare properly. I am anxious to see what happens in the rematch.

Immortal

You know what control I went back and watched it again and have to agree that horn was the aggressor and stuck to his prefight game plan of roughing up pacquiao. But pac looked slow and was getting thrown around in the ring. Im not sure who mentioned it but it was what made me think pac man's days in the ring are numbered. It was when he got cut and told the ref to have a doctor check it out. The old pac would of shaken it off and come out and destroy his opposition. I still think pac won the fight but I don't think this was as bad as the Bradley robbery.

Truth I agree with you that a young Pac would have breezed through this fight. He is now 38 years old and has been through a lot of wars. In boxing 38 is pretty old. Pac is not hungry anymore and has other interests. One thing that struck me was the number of Hangers on that accompanied him to Australia. I think that the commentators said that it took three buses to transport them to the fight. They did not say they were media. I dont think that is good for him staying focused on the task at hand. Now if he took Horn lightly who most premier fighters would have due to limited experience 16 fights Pac learned that he must not do that. At 38 he has to work even harder then when he was young. I think Timothy Bradley thought Horn won but Atlas talked him into saying Pac won. I will very interested to see just how good Horn is and will be watching him in his future fights.

I kinda felt like pacman won. He did have the numbers to back it up and gave Horn a run for his money in the 9th round. I just feel like the ref gave him the little pep talk he needed when he told him that he was going to stop the fight. Nice going ref.

Immortal

Good article heat.....it looks like roberto Garcia is also going to get back into action against omar chavez son of jc chavez. I wonder if wesloco and company will scrutinize la amenaza for fighting a relative of jc chavez like they did when omar fought cottos undefeated relative, either way, glad to see he's continuing his career

https://youtu.be/ZXuY8Qzxlwc

Don't think it will happen. Believe it when I see it.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Don't think it will happen. Believe it when I see it.
    Same here. No info about the fight at all. Just Garcia’s team asking for the fight on Twitter. They’re always calling out boxers on Twitter. Seems like the only way they can get a fight due to Garcia’s past.

Immortal

It's funny how dwatt and co. are always quick to condemn omar but yet never have a negative comment towards rob. Of course we all wish the best for rob and his career but be consistent in your criticism. I hope all valley fighters do well especially being from Weslaco it's great to see our fighters on the big stage. Hope the fight with chavez is true and rob can get back on track and get back into the picture, but he's hurt his own career backing out of career changing fights in the past.

Thread Information