Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212
Results 4,221 to 4,232 of 4232

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    I guess scripted means it was not a fight. Did not see McGregor throw one punch with bad intentions. Did he really think he could outbox him.
    thats what it seemed like lol which was retarded

All Star

I had no idea Eric Molina fought in Mission today. There’s was hardly any promotion for the fight. He went 6 rounds and won by majority decision. I don’t see how you can go from fighting one of the best heavyweights to fighting locally in a 6 round fight.

I went to the fights and it was a fun event. Did not know about it either but found out in the Monitor. All the fights were four rounders and mostly young fighters making their professional debut or had maybe three or four fights. I thought that Eric's fight was an exhibition when they announced it was a six rounder but he and his opponent were punching hard all night. Eric won. Amenaza Garcia made an appearance and they introduced him to the crowd. He was well received.

Hall of Famer

Wow, I had no idea either... I honestly thought maybe he had called it quits, not really quitting but he does have a career outside of boxing..

Anyone know when Omar or Robert might announce some dates?...

Junior Varsity

GGG/Canelo tonight!! been looking forward to this since the announced it. Should be a great fight I got GGG winning it

All Star

What a great fight. I had GGG winning.

Hall of Famer

I had GGG winning as well. 8-4/7-5.....I guess you could call it a draw.

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

I thought Canelo should have gotten the decision. GGG got the draw because he was the aggressor throughout the fight but I was disappointed that he just seemed to chase Canelo around the ring and did not attack more convincingly. I expected more from GGG whom I thought should have landed more solid punches in order to take the decision. I guess Canelo's game plan was a strategically defensive fight. Of course the judges leave a lot to be desired and sometimes I wonder why they keep getting hired like the one who saw Canelo by 118 to 110. Now the hype begans for a rematch, more pay per view, and more money.

Immortal

It's been a great year for boxing and this one lived up to the hype. I think most folks are right with gggs agrees ion being the key for victory but canelos defense was on full display. He countered ggg effectively and not just with one or two puches he put together some nice combinations to head and body as well. I'm really surprise ggg didn't go more to canelo body seeing as he has been known to tire down the stretch, bad decision on his coaching staff....but it was still a terrific fight. The ones who came out as undisputed winners are both these guys chins. They took some unbelivable shots that'll would of probably dropped any other opponent either would face. I got to hand it to ggg post conference comments where he put canelo on blast where he said....where is the mexican fighter? All he did was ran. In canelo defense he couldn't stand there and trade with ggg, regardless of him saying he didn't feel gggs power, if that was the case he would of stayed and traded. They had some good exchanges either way. Can't wait for the rematch

Immortal

This vid will show you why floyd is floyd. Whether u like his style or not, he shows he can dish it out outside the ring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    This vid will show you why floyd is floyd. Whether u like his style or not, he shows he can dish it out outside the ring as well.

Floyds stock has taken risen even higher!

Brandon Figueroa and Eric Molina fighting in Mercedes Saturday night.

Thread Information