Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239 LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 4769

Thread: Boxing Scoop

  1. #4741
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Notable opponents

    Omar- burns, Guerrero, demarco, belmontes, Estrada, cotto.

    Rob- Murray, chavez, Prescott, cayo, James Stevenson, Carson jones, Antonio Margarito, & Juan Carlos Rubio.

  2. #4742
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Demarco came out of retirement and had to fight Omar 9 pounds heavier than initially agreed upon.

    Burns was on a losing streak when he fought Omar at 142.

    Guerrero was also on a losing streak as well. Nearly got KOd by a dude with 3 kos two years before he fought Omar

  3. #4743
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    Margarito. Better than demarco, burns and Guerrero.
    Okay....here's the follow up, how many fighters has he beaten that were former champs?

  4. #4744
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    Margarito. Better than demarco, burns and Guerrero.
    Yea but how many former major world champions has he BEAT? U make fun that omar won an interim wbc world title and defended it against the number 1 (who u guys cry bout that why didn't omar fight the number 1 contender for legitimaCy,he finally does and knocks him out in spectacular fashion).
    The fact of the matter is that rob has only fought for interim titles his whole career and his only claim to fame is being the replacement of Carson Jones in a fight against a suspended Margarito who wa's caught wearing plaster gloves. They chose rob because he wasn't any threat to marg. Srry but had to say it. Robs whole career in big fights has been as an alterernate. It's unfortunate.

  5. #4745
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Yea but how many former major world champions has he BEAT? U make fun that omar won an interim wbc world title and defended it against the number 1 (who u guys cry bout that why didn't omar fight the number 1 contender for legitimaCy,he finally does and knocks him out in spectacular fashion).
    The fact of the matter is that rob has only fought for interim titles his whole career and his only claim to fame is being the replacement of Carson Jones in a fight against a suspended Margarito who wa's caught wearing plaster gloves. They chose rob because he wasn't any threat to marg. Srry but had to say it. Robs whole career in big fights has been as an alterernate. It's unfortunate.

    Lmfao they chose rob bcuz Julio got Carson the fight and Carson didn’t wanna fight in Mexico. Not cuz it was a safe opponent lmao. Safe opponents are the ones the Figueroas fight every time out. Martin Murray isn’t a safe opponent and neither was Margarito lol.

    Arakawa got destroyed by linares. There’s levels to boxing and Omar was mascarading as a world champ fighting the worst fighters during that “reign” lmao

  6. #4746
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    Lmfao they chose rob bcuz Julio got Carson the fight and Carson didn’t wanna fight in Mexico. Not cuz it was a safe opponent lmao. Safe opponents are the ones the Figueroas fight every time out. Martin Murray isn’t a safe opponent and neither was Margarito lol.

    Arakawa got destroyed by linares. There’s levels to boxing and Omar was mascarading as a world champ fighting the worst fighters during that “reign” lmao
    Robs been an alternate practically his whole career. MargarIto was going to fight Jones because he wasn't a threat to the looming pacquiao money fight, he wound up fighting rob as a tune up fight for that big payday. We saw the results.

    Omar defended his title against the number 1 contender at the time which u guys cried that he should of fought to win the title. He did what u guys said he should of done and still isn't enough.

    Again for all the time u rag on Omar for winning an interim belt (which he was later moved to champion), Rob his whole career has fought for only interim titles. All of robs accomplishments come in 40 plus fights, Omar has accomplished more is almost half the fights. He could still be a main eventer if he chooses to fight again. He could fight and beat Thurmond and that wouldn't suffice.

  7. #4747
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Robs been an alternate practically his whole career. MargarIto was going to fight Jones because he wasn't a threat to the looming pacquiao money fight, he wound up fighting rob as a tune up fight for that big payday. We saw the results.

    Omar defended his title against the number 1 contender at the time which u guys cried that he should of fought to win the title. He did what u guys said he should of done and still isn't enough.

    Again for all the time u rag on Omar for winning an interim belt (which he was later moved to champion), Rob his whole career has fought for only interim titles. All of robs accomplishments come in 40 plus fights, Omar has accomplished more is almost half the fights. He could still be a main eventer if he chooses to fight again. He could fight and beat Thurmond and that wouldn't suffice.


    Lmfao. He won’t beat Thurman.

  8. #4748
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Omar had golden boy build him up and buy him a title. He clearly lost his title to jerry belmontes imo. Clearly lost. Ricky burns had a draw with Beltran which he got lucky not to lose. Then lost to Crawford, Zlaticanin, & before that got lucky to beat Jose Gonzalez who was winning on the cards but randomly quit on his stool for no apparent reason. So going into his fight wth Omar he was on a 4 fight streak of utter trash performances.

    Guerrero was 2-4 his last 6 before fighting Omar. Got dropped by peralta, Thurman, & Aaron Martinez with 3 kos. He clearly lost to martinez but got the gift. So Guerrero should’ve been 1-5 his last 6.

    Arakawa lll cmon man. No mames

  9. #4749
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    Omar had golden boy build him up and buy him a title. He clearly lost his title to jerry belmontes imo. Clearly lost. Ricky burns had a draw with Beltran which he got lucky not to lose. Then lost to Crawford, Zlaticanin, & before that got lucky to beat Jose Gonzalez who was winning on the cards but randomly quit on his stool for no apparent reason. So going into his fight wth Omar he was on a 4 fight streak of utter trash performances.

    Guerrero was 2-4 his last 6 before fighting Omar. Got dropped by peralta, Thurman, & Aaron Martinez with 3 kos. He clearly lost to martinez but got the gift. So Guerrero should’ve been 1-5 his last 6.

    Arakawa lll cmon man. No mames
    Why would golden boy want to give omar a shot to be be in that position? It's because they believed in there product and new how to build him into a big payday. Like I said omar has half the fights of rob and has beaten a golden glove national amateur champ in his prospect fight, beaten three former multidivision title holder, and has been wbc world champion.

    Rob lost his prospect fight in at the villa real in mcallen vs. Calvin odem, he lost vs. Ian mckillop on nbc, was an alternate to a tune up fight vs. Margarito and the fight was just that. Again u complain about omar winning a interim title when that's the only title rob has fought for.

    I like the story behind rob and he's a good fighter but there's a reason golden boy signed omar and didn't sign rob. You say he's been helped in his career, well he wouldn't be where he's at had he not put in all the hard work. The promoters he's had have signed him because they see him as a star fighter who is very exciting. I think omar will make it a fight of who ever he faces but the promotion is building him up with quality fights. His past fight with broner would of been another stepping stone to build a huge fight against another former multiple division champ. He's climbed the ladder and has kept advancing.
    Last edited by Truth; 09-08-2018 at 05:29 PM.

  10. #4750
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,715

    Default

    Hey hey look at this rob willing to step in for brandon Rios fight...

    https://www.boxingscene.com/roberto-...wn-922--131694

  11. #4751
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,715

    Default

    Rumor mill swirling that Omar vs. Broner getting hot again.

  12. #4752
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WESLACO
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Rumor mill swirling that Omar vs. Broner getting hot again.
    Lol chingow man you nvr learn


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #4753
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Lol chingow man you nvr learn


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No never learning is your thing.....it explains your train of thought or lack there of, and your moronic posts...such as the one above. Haha

  14. #4754
    MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Rumor mill swirling that Omar vs. Broner getting hot again.
    Spence spilled the beans in an interview on Saturday. Also talked about how Omar beat him in the amateurs.

  15. #4755
    MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Rob was also one of Porter’s sparring partner for this fight.

  16. #4756
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Spence spilled the beans in an interview on Saturday. Also talked about how Omar beat him in the amateurs.
    what interview was that, i saw a few videos but none mentioning that

  17. #4757
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 09'paw'09 View Post
    what interview was that, i saw a few videos but none mentioning that
    Spence talks about fighting Omar in the amateurs and he says twin is gonna fight that dude from San Antonio (Figueroa) twin being Adrien cuz he is a twin lol

  18. #4758
    MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Before Spence talks about Omar, an interviewer asked Broner who he's fighting next and Spence said Omar. Then he started talking about how Omar beat him the amateurs. I can't find the interview anymore. All i'm seeing is the part where Spence is all drunk talking about Omar.

  19. #4759
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,479

    Default

    Yea I saw those lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Before Spence talks about Omar, an interviewer asked Broner who he's fighting next and Spence said Omar. Then he started talking about how Omar beat him the amateurs. I can't find the interview anymore. All i'm seeing is the part where Spence is all drunk talking about Omar.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  20. #4760
    MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Any predictions for tomorrow's fight? I think Canelo wins by SD. I'm hoping GGG knocks him out though.

    Weigh-in is today at 3:00pm, live on Golden Boys Facebook.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •