Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 232 of 239 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 4771

Thread: Boxing Scoop

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    In boxing just like in any other sport competitors look for an advantage! How many times have fights been on the verge of falling through because someone gets injured or sick. Promoters scramble to find a replacement and you hear the replacement took the fight on one or two weeks notice and traveled a long distance. Huge advantage for the scheduled fighter. The replacement takes the fight maybe for a payday or takes a gamble to maybe win and increase his status. Personally I am glad that Rob took the gamble. He lost the decision but maybe his return to top competition may work out for him for bigger fights.
    I’m glad he took it. He got paid. Fought a world class fighter who’s a lot bigger and did well. All on 17 days notice. Logical people understand the difficulty of that but truffie is just a moron lol

MVP

Looks like Robert will be campaigning at 154 again.

Hall of Famer

Any news on Brandon ?

I haven't heard much on him either .. I don't even check Omar anymore cause there's never nothing on YouTube or anywhere with his carreer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 09'paw'09 View Post
    Any news on Brandon ?

I haven't heard much on him either .. I don't even check Omar anymore cause there's never nothing on YouTube or anywhere with his carreer.

Brandon is currently sparring in Mexico. Somewhere close to Mexico City. He was training at Juan Marquez's Gym a couple of days ago.

Omar started training. He started training at his gym in Weslaco and will finish camp in California with Joel Diaz. Fight news coming soon according to him.

Hall of Famer

Hope Brandon gets busy again , he's young but he has some potential.

Hope Omar takes any fight at this point , even if it's a tune up. I still don't believe he's gonna make 140 and be effective.. but I would love to get proven wrong. 147 is a whole different level, so we'll see.

I wanna see Thurman announce something soon, but we all know how that goes.

I'm still hoping the rios Ortiz happens soon
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Brandon is currently sparring in Mexico. Somewhere close to Mexico City. He was training at Juan Marquez's Gym a couple of days ago.

Omar started training. He started training at his gym in Weslaco and will finish camp in California with Joel Diaz. Fight news coming soon according to him.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    I’m glad he took it. He got paid. Fought a world class fighter who’s a lot bigger and did well. All on 17 days notice. Logical people understand the difficulty of that but truffie is just a moron lol
    I'm glad he took a chance against murray but again why would u take a fight on short notice if you weren't ready to fight? I give rob props for taking the fight and am glad he got it, but you can't call out a fighter and lose and say you went ready....which is what your saying. Rob keeps in shape year round and that a positive, he even said in the video he spars year round and keeps in shape for these opportunities. Murray trained and sparred for a completely different fighter than rob. A southpaw who moves around. Murray used his jab to dictate the fight and won. Do u guys think if both fighters prepared for each other the outcome would be different? In all honesty? Rob lost to a contender and I'm proud that he finished strong. The score cards and the way rob fights might make it harder for him to find other fights. I hope he gets another big fight but he needs to go back to fighting the scraps to get ready and have a full camp to do his thing. He's had those opportunities and had full camps vs. Porter and Spence to prepare and he didn't show. I wish rob the best but he's blown the big opportunities with full training camps to prove who you guys say he is.

Immortal

Omar has fallen off the map...as far as brandon goes hope he keeps that hunger to keep moving his career forward.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I'm glad he took a chance against murray but again why would u take a fight on short notice if you weren't ready to fight? I give rob props for taking the fight and am glad he got it, but you can't call out a fighter and lose and say you went ready....which is what your saying. Rob keeps in shape year round and that a positive, he even said in the video he spars year round and keeps in shape for these opportunities. Murray trained and sparred for a completely different fighter than rob. A southpaw who moves around. Murray used his jab to dictate the fight and won. Do u guys think if both fighters prepared for each other the outcome would be different? In all honesty? Rob lost to a contender and I'm proud that he finished strong. The score cards and the way rob fights might make it harder for him to find other fights. I hope he gets another big fight but he needs to go back to fighting the scraps to get ready and have a full camp to do his thing. He's had those opportunities and had full camps vs. Porter and Spence to prepare and he didn't show. I wish rob the best but he's blown the big opportunities with full training camps to prove who you guys say he is.

The score cards were way too wide and more so bcuz of the two point deductions. Even both commentators bt sports and box nation had rob eat closer. One even had rob winning more rounds if not for the point deductions

Hall of Famer

Spence and porter ����. That was 3 years ago when rob was squeezing down to make 147. He made 145 vs Prescott & 146 vs cayo the year before but then took 9 months off before fighting at 150. He did miss up by agreeing to fight Spence with only 5-6 weeks left. Those extra 7 Pounds from 154 make a huge difference.

It’s lkke Omar saying I’m going to 140. No, no you’re not. He can’t make that anymore like rob couldn’t 147. So now rob has his last two fights at middleweight. Omar Chavez & Martin Murray. He weighed 170 and came in at 158. Vs Chavez he weighed 153.5 both fighters outweighed Robert and he fought them in their country. Both are younger than rob and Martin Murray really is a two time world champion. & rob did this at age 37&38! Lmao easy work too.

Imagine if rob had a full 5 week camp for Martin Murray. His timing and Rhythm would be a lot better. & rob isn’t a middleweight so that’s why he weighed in at 158. & both Murray and Chavez outweighed rob by at least 15 pounds on fight night!

Give credit where credit is due

Hall of Famer

And to the guy saying rob looked slow. Bro he’s 38! As in almost 40! That’s insane but yes his speed isn’t what it was before but his mentality and physicality leads to tough fights for his opponents. 41-4 24 kos isn’t bad at all. Plus now he can go down to 154 and take in those guys that are more his size. Murray looked like 3 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier than rob

Hall of Famer

Martin Murray ended up going to the hospital wth a busted eardrum lol rob walked away with no damage. He’ll be back. This will open doors for rob for sure.

Immortal

Martin Murray ended up going to the hospital wth a busted eardrum lol rob walked away with no damage. He’ll be back. This will open doors for rob for sure.
    The important thing was murray walked away with robs belt.

MVP

Brandon Rios vs Victor Ortiz is practically made already for August 4th. A little too late for this fight, but these guys really hate each other so it should be a good fight.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Brandon Rios vs Victor Ortiz is practically made already for August 4th. A little too late for this fight, but these guys really hate each other so it should be a good fight.
    Yea, entertaining and dramatic to say the least. I believe they both need this fight at this point .. it will gather viewers

Immortal

Ortiz and rios is a fight most fans have wanted to see for a while. I think it's a little overdue and these fighters are not in there prime anymore but the Mexican blood in theM will come out during the fight. Brandon likes to come in and turn it into a war. Ortiz is more American style where he likes to try to box in the beginning but in the end the Mexican in him comes out and he goes into war mode. I think the fight will start out as a bozing match and progress into a fight. I think there is a lack of Latino boxers currently which is hurting boxing which is fights where blood and guts are on display. There are not to many Mexican or Puerto Rican stars as there was in the 90s and early 2000s. In this day and age there are more boxers which at one time was something to admire at one time but folks got spoiled during the periods I stated and folks miss the days of wars which I think is what is hurting boxing today. Any thoughts? Does anyone have a different point of view?

MVP

B4ADC4CE-2797-491E-93DD-4B8C17654F2C.jpg

September 8th. Should be an easy win for Khan.

I would rather see a Vargas Panterita fight at 147. I think Vargas has a good chance against Khan if he does not fade in later rounds.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    I would rather see a Vargas Panterita fight at 147. I think Vargas has a good chance against Khan if he does not fade in later rounds.
    It’s samuek Vargas not Jessie

MVP

It’s samuek Vargas not Jessie
    This guy lost to Errol Spence and Danny Garcia. Hasn't really foughten anyone else that's well known.

Tks. Wesloco had not heard of Samuek.

Thread Information