Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 230 of 234 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 4662

Thread: Boxing Scoop

  1. #4581
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    He was around 167 last week. I think he should be fine. I just wish he had at least 3-4 weeks to prepare but it is what it is. He needs to fight smart, aggressive and let his hands go. I’m gonna be pumped. I’ll be in his corner along with his two trainers. O2 arena is gonna be crazy!
    We've had our differences in the past but I've wathe robs career through the ups and downs. Wishing you guys good luck in that hostile environment and hope rob brings home the w.

  2. #4582
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Wasnít staged at all. Iím here. I jumped on stage lmao. Was ready to throw down.

  3. #4583
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    As for Omar. I’d take that fight vs Thurman. It makes sense. Thurman wants a tuneup and that’s what it would be. Good money for Omar tho so why not take it. I seriously doubt he makes 140 anyway

  4. #4584
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Rob weighed 157.3 & Murray was 159.5. His fight looked really sucked in.

  5. #4585

    Default

    Will the fight be televised here in the USA. Wishing Amenaza the best of luck and a great fight. Teach that jerk some manners!

  6. #4586
    MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Will the fight be televised here in the USA. Wishing Amenaza the best of luck and a great fight. Teach that jerk some manners!
    Won’t be televised but you you can watch it on the ESPN+ app. It’s usually $5 a month but you can get the free trial for a couple of days. Start time is 4:30pm central. Don’t know how many fights they’re going to show before Robert fights. Good luck to Robert. Glad to see PBC still posting about him after a couple of years.
    Last edited by mark_heat3; 06-23-2018 at 11:03 AM.

  7. #4587
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Looking at murrays resume, it looks like favorability might favor rob. Murrays last two losses were to groves and very beyond his prime Arthur abraham. He had a very controversial win over a 23-10 Gabriel rosado and his level of comp hasn't been as great. This is robs best chance to get another huge fight. He gives cred to Don king for getting him this fight.

  8. #4588

    Default

    Tks. Truth. I too think Rob has an excellent chance of winning. Wishing him the best of luck.

  9. #4589
    MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Robert looks very slow. Already got a point deuducted.

  10. #4590
    MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Weslaco
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Any thoughts on the fight? I wish a Robert would have won, but Murray was the better fightee today.
    Last edited by mark_heat3; 06-23-2018 at 05:36 PM.

  11. #4591
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark_heat3 View Post
    Any thoughts on the fight? I wish a Robert would have one, but Murray was the better fightee today.
    No mms lmao. Rob took the fight on 17 days notice. No other fighter would do that.

  12. #4592
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    No mms lmao. Rob took the fight on 17 days notice. No other fighter would do that.
    In robs case if he's the one that called out murray on that short notice he should of been prepared to fight. Which I think he was. He was already staying in shape because of the Golovkin possiblility of a fight. If you call someone out and get beat, you should take responsibility for the loss.

  13. #4593
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    We can't even say the points taken away really cost rob the fight because as mark heat stated today murray was the better man. It was not the entertaining fight I and I think most of us thought it would be, but none the less still proud of rob to still be able to get a main event on a mid level card.

  14. #4594
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    There’s a difference between keeping your weight down and being in fight shape. Rob only sparred 2 times and took the fight on 17 days notice

  15. #4595
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    There’s a difference between keeping your weight down and being in fight shape. Rob only sparred 2 times and took the fight on 17 days notice
    Then why call out a fighter if your not ready? I understand robs situation looking for a big fight but he and ur self have mentioned he's taken fights on short notice before. It also works against murray in the sense he was sparing against purely southpaw and fighters who move around in the ring getting ready for saunders and he wasn't really ready for or sparred with the type of boxers of robs style. Both fighters knew this fight led to bigger things like I said murray was just the better fighter today. Both fighters were in shape for the fight. Do u believe without a shadow of a doubt if rob and murray had prepped sparring wise for each other the outcome would of been different? As much as I was rooting for a rob vs. Ggg fight....I think it might of been worse for rob.
    Last edited by Truth; 06-23-2018 at 08:21 PM.

  16. #4596
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Where does rob go from here?

  17. #4597
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Wish u guys a safe trip back to the states.

  18. #4598
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Then why call out a fighter if your not ready? I understand robs situation looking for a big fight but he and ur self have mentioned he's taken fights on short notice before. It also works against murray in the sense he was sparing against purely southpaw and fighters who move around in the ring getting ready for saunders and he wasn't really ready for or sparred with the type of boxers of robs style. Both fighters knew this fight led to bigger things like I said murray was just the better fighter today. Both fighters were in shape for the fight. Do u believe without a shadow of a doubt if rob and murray had prepped sparring wise for each other the outcome would of been different? As much as I was rooting for a rob vs. Ggg fight....I think it might of been worse for rob.

    Lmfaooooo you’re mentally challenged. Rob had 17 days. 1 day traveling, 1 day medical, & the weigh in is the day before the fight. He had 2 sparring sessions. How would it be worse for rob? Lmfaooooooo Murray had a full camp and fought rob who’s style is easier to hit than Saunders but rob still blocked chingos or punches. You’re dumb af truffle

  19. #4599
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wesloco View Post
    Lmfaooooo you’re mentally challenged. Rob had 17 days. 1 day traveling, 1 day medical, & the weigh in is the day before the fight. He had 2 sparring sessions. How would it be worse for rob? Lmfaooooooo Murray had a full camp and fought rob who’s style is easier to hit than Saunders but rob still blocked chingos or punches. You’re dumb af truffle
    You can't have it both ways....if rob wins hes glorified because he won in 17 days camp which u guys tend to brag about...if he loses its cause he only had that many days to prepare. The fact was rob had been in and kept in shape because he was hoping to land the ggg fight the previous fight. Again if your the one who calls out the fighter to land a big fight than you can't make excuses because you asked for the opportunity. He wouldn't of asked if he wasn't in shape or ready to compete.

  20. #4600

    Default

    Sometimes you win even if you lose. Amenaza was not properly prepared for this fight. He took a chance and and as a fan I am glad he did. How else would he have gotten to again perform at world class level. I hope that the fight brings him attention for other money fights for which all the odds are not stacked against him.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •