Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    Junior Varsity

Default April Football Camp: Quentin Coryatt & Chad Carpenter

WHEN:
    April 20th, 21st, & 22nd. Friday evening, Saturday, & Sunday in McAllen

WHAT:
    FBU style camp for high school players. Quentin Coryatt will be coaching DB & LB and Chad Carpenter will be coaching QB, RB, & WR.
    We like to limit it to 8 players on each side. Fundamentals each day with 4 on 4 Sat & Sun
    Both of these coaches are doing camps almost weekly now and this will be our second camp here in McAllen with both coaches and our third with Chad. Again, FBU style but more 1 on 1 instruction from our coaches.

Who:
    Quentin Coryatt
    was a star linebacker at Texas A&M where he was a second team All-American and the SWC's Defensive Player of the Year. In his junior season, the Aggies led the nation in defense behind Coryatt's standout play.

He was selected by the Indianapolis Colts with the second-overall NFL Draft pick in 1992. Coryatt played with the Colts through 1998 and played a final season in 1999 with the Dallas Cowboys. He played all different positions among linebackers and knows what it takes to succeed at football's highest levels.

Chad Carpenter was a record setting prep quarterback in Idaho, but moved to wide receiver at Washington State, where he caught passes from future first-rounders Drew Bledsoe and Ryan Leaf. He tallied over 2,000 yards and 17 touchdowns in his college career as a four-year starter and All-Pac 10 receiver.

The Arizona Cardinals drafted him in the fifth round in 1997, and Carpenter played on the 1998 Cardinals team that made the playoffs. He spent three years in Arizona and one with the Browns before retiring to the Phoenix area.

Cost:$350/student

If you have questions contact me (Richard Davidson) at stxfarmer@hotmail.com. This camp is about work and instruction, a small group but at a higher intensity level.

These same coaches will be back in July for a tune-up camp before school starts.

Links for last camp schedule:
    Offense: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7566046_1059717_675567
    Defense: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7566046_1059717_675552
    Last edited by STxFarmer; 02-23-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Junior Varsity

Registration is closed, thanks

Heisman Winner

great camp for individual training and assesment. They put in a lot of work over a 3 day time frame.
    Life is just a football field marked out in 100 yard increments

Hall of Famer

How was the camp? My 6th grade son worked out with Chad Carpenter at the Austin FBU in March. Sure wish I could of taken my son to go say hi to Coach Carpenter but I understand it was for high school players only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nombre View Post
    How was the camp? My 6th grade son worked out with Chad Carpenter at the Austin FBU in March. Sure wish I could of taken my son to go say hi to Coach Carpenter but I understand it was for high school players only.
    my son was at FBU also the linebackers 8th grade ,very good camp he made top gun headed to VA this july,what did you think of the camp

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by hawk pride View Post
    my son was at FBU also the linebackers 8th grade ,very good camp he made top gun headed to VA this july,what did you think of the camp
    It was a great camp for my son. Had very good feedback from Coach Carpenter in the evaluation and will definitely start saving for next year's camp in Austin. Top Gun, we'll just have to see financially.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by hawk pride View Post
    It was a great camp for my son. Had very good feedback from Coach Carpenter in the evaluation and will definitely start saving for next year's camp in Austin. Top Gun, we'll just have to see financially.

Thread Information