Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Default WHO'S THE FASTEST SPRINTER IN THE RGV?

Sprinter is 100 meters and 200 meters.

Platinum

CJ Cavazos from Sharyland is the fastest 100m for sure... He was the fastest 100m guy last season too, I think he ran 10.54 last season and I have heard he ran well this summer in the 60m running as fast as 7.10sec so he's the guy to beat.....
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 02-18-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Premium

After seeing Bermea's performance at today's Sams Relays, I can see him pulling away from Cavazos in a 200m race. 100m would be close
    Last edited by Virgon; 02-18-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Virgon View Post
    After seeing Bermea's performance at today's Sams Relays, I can see him pulling away from Cavazos in a 200m race. 100m would be close
    Bermea is a hurdler unless I missed something.... CJ is faster head to head in the 100m, CJ also ran a 21.61 200m.

CJ did not run today though, he is running indoor or something, I think he'll eventually start running for Sharyland again, but right now he's running independent. Sharyland's Marco Avila won the 100m today at McHi Stadium with a winning time of 10.92, he's also a WR/RB for Sharyland
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 02-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Bermea is a hurdler unless I missed something.... CJ is faster head to head in the 100m, CJ also ran a 21.8 200m.

CJ did not run today though, he is running indoor or something, I think he'll eventually start running for Sharyland again, but right now he's running independent. Sharyland's Marco Avila won the 100m today at McHi Stadium with a winning time of 10.92, he's also a WR/RB for Sharyland
    Bermea runs 4x400 sprint relay (anchor), that's what I was referring to.

All Star

4x100. 400m relay. Sprint relay. All the same race. Is what he ran today.
    4x400 is the mile relay. Which he also runs. But not today.
    You can't beat us, so most don't even try..

Premium

my bad I meant 4x100

Platinum

Well, Bermea is certainly the ONLY D1 kid running track... Unless CJ signs somewhere, but his times need to be below 10.50 FAT

Premium

I'm gonna have to retire my avatar soon and let you have it since you're a sharyland fan. :P

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Virgon View Post
    I'm gonna have to retire my avatar soon and let you have it since you're a sharyland fan. :P
    Haha!!! Yeah, I'm good with that.... Besides, you could make an awesome Jarlinche one...

Premium

EDIT: double post
    Last edited by Virgon; 02-18-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Platinum

CJ Cavazos was in Lubbock running indoors today...placed 1st out of a 150 runners in the 55m and 2nd in the 200m out of 200 plus runners. Runners are from all over the U.S..... Did I also mention he is only a junior, who starts at WR for the Rattlers

Junior Varsity

Dwain Spears took Cj out in the 150 at a practice earlier by a whole body length and beat Cj before in the 200. He also holds the valley's best for the 400 at the moment with a 51 something.
    Id say Dwain should be considered a canidate for the fastest sprint.

Junior Varsity

Dwain Spears took Cj out in the 150 at a practice earlier by a whole body length and beat Cj before in the 200. He also holds the valley's best for the 400 at the moment with a 51 something.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by MooMoo88 View Post
    I believe the thread starter (TS) was asking about the 100m and 200m. As for Dwain Spears, practice is not a race, CJ is faster... Dwain Spears beat CJ last season in the 200m, we'll see if it happens again...

Junior Varsity

I dont think its gonna even be close. I think CJ will BLOW anyone from the valley out in any race 100/
    200 anyday. He runs this week in Edinburg so we sure will see. He's running at a High Level right now winning the Texas Tech Invitational.

Junior Varsity

i meant practice meet. and you cant say CJ is faster when you havent seen them race this year and i have. so atleast i have some solid evidence to back up my claim and not just talk.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by MooMoo88 View Post
    i meant practice meet. and you cant say CJ is faster when you havent seen them race this year and i have. so atleast i have some solid evidence to back up my claim and not just talk.
    CJ has run this year, he just hasn't run in the valley, hes been too busy dominating the competition around the nation.
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 02-22-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Junior Varsity

i didnt say he hasnt ran, im just saying he hasnt beat dwain in a race this year and dwain has beat CJ. ok so to the thread starter, Dwain spears is a possible answer to your question. dont just hope the CJ bandwagon.

Platinum

Is Dwain a senior?? CJ is only a Jr., he still has another year of track after this one.... I'm not saying Dwain isn't fast, because he obviously is, but lets not forget, CJ is pretty much a 100m guy and Dwaine only ran the 400m last week, they specialize in different events, they might meet up in the 200m, but we both know that CJs race is the 100m, Dwain does have the faster time over all in the 200m, but its only by .02sec a 21.59 to a 21.61, I'd like to see what the difference is if Dwain ran the 100m against CJ...

Thread Information