Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    Heisman Winner

Default Youth Wrestling in Sharyland Begins in DEC

Youth Wrestling is back at Sharyland, we will begin in December as soon as football season is over. More details to come.

Location Castlemen Gym - Sharyland HS
    Tuesdays and Thursdays
    Time - TBD
    Life is just a football field marked out in 100 yard increments

Heisman Winner

we have started Youth Wrestling at Sharyland HS Gym.
    Registrations have begun. All those interested between the ages of 6-14 years old are welcom to try it out for 1 week free of charge.

Practice Dates: Tues and Tursdays 6:30 til 8:00 pm Season runs from December thru the end of Feb.
    Castlemen Gym Sharyland HS
    Cost - $25.00 or $40 if you want the package with the t-shirt and shorts

We also have negotiated a deal for the Singlet- Shoes and Headgear for $80.00 total if you wish to purchase those items thru the club.

If interested contact Mike Watts - 956-314-0229 or Coach James Penbrook - 956-648-3819
    www.sharyrattlers.com just click on the Wrestling link on the left

Heisman Winner

anyone interested can come, you do not have to be from Sharyland to participate. This is the same club that we ran the last two springs. We just moved the time to when the High School Wrestling season is happening.
    We have about 20 kids showing up right now and have room for more if anyone is interested. Our first official day was yeasterday and we learned several things.
    Conditioning, proper stance, single leg take down, double leg take down, spawl (leg take down block), half nelson, escape from Half nelson etc.. good turn out and hope to see more come out to learn on of the best individual sports in the world.

Platinum

I think this is great!!!! There was no wrestling in the RGV when I was in school, but I would have to agree, wrestling is easily the toughest single sport... My friends son took 1st in this past weekends tourney, I'm very excited to see how these young kids progress through wrestling...

Thread Information